Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Theatre of Magic
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm 

lol.. very good

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:37 am 

Just wondering why it should NOT be the same as the original? Generally the rule is no recreations of new tables within (correct me if I'm wrong) the first three years. Since this table is quite a bit older then that, you should be ok. This thread is pretty old so the original builder may just be taking a break from it, try to contact him to see if you can pick up where he left off. Good luck.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 pm 

The fact is that the creators of FP DO NOT allow music, sounds, playfields or any other things with the COPYRIGHT seal. And we DO NOT have legal ownerships or permissions to use anyone of these things. That's why I have to create ORIGINAL pinball games, and if the game is the recreation of an original one (like in this example) I have to do some mods (respecting the original concept) for the virtual version has NOT to be a "copy" the REAL one. Understood?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:49 pm 

Here's an example of what I'm saying in the post above. Let's suppose that someone has decided to make an original project based on, for example, a Japanese idol group like Morning Musume. That person should do some investigation about the group and make a treat with the REAL owners of that group (Hello! Project and Up Front Agency in this case) for getting the music, the photos and the merchandise needed to make the project. Then, a sketch is made from paper or from a PC (via Wacom if possible), and if the final sketch is approved, it passes to the process of designing the playfield and the cabinet (in FP, logically), for finally testing the project and if everything's right, presenting it to the final customers. That's the working method for anything made by a mastermind. Satisfied now?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 pm 

EvaderPTY: hello, I'm sure the question was asked in a friendly manner (it was not to bother you). In fact, I had the same question. By the way, FP creator seems to have no more interest in its baby. If were you I won't care about what he thinks. But copyrights are something different and I do totally understand that it is a sensible problem (it's all your honour to take care about copyrights - i really respect that). On the other hand, I'm not really sure that altering the original but keeping some pieces of it is enough if copyright holders knock the door.
By the way, you have great ongoing projects, I'm really happy to have you on board. Enjoy your stay,
Alex

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:57 pm 

I think you have grossly misinterpreted our copyright constraints, Evader.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 am 

Hi all, yeah it's been ages since I last worked on this (or any) table, for a couple of reasons: firstly the main table build is done but the trap door, diverter for the spirit ring and the magnets aren't really working properly - they kind of work but are not reliable, maybe a little bit of redesigning would be needed. Secondly now a great version of this and many other tables are available from pinball arcade it didn't seem too important to finish it off, and for me FP tables don't play as well as pinball arcade ones.

I would like to see this table finished though but the amount of work for the dmd etc. is too much for me at the moment, if anyone seriously wants to get this finished let me know, im not adverse someone finishing it off, but only if they actually intend to do it, as I still use work i've done on tables as part of my work showreel.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:25 pm 

Hi Ian, thank you very much for the update. I'm sure (hope) you will get the help you need, it would be great to see a true recreation of this table come to life. This and TOTAN are great to play side by side.

If you don't find the help PM me and I will continue with it while constantly bothering all those who know what they're doing for help ;)

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm 

I still think that FP is better as Pinball Arcade. At least at the moment. The lighting effects are very poor - much better in FP. I hope this table will be finished for FP!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 pm 

As a new member, I signed up to drool at this. Your work is appreciated, Ian! I hope another talented soul continues this project as this table was coming along beautifully! When I first got FP, this and TOTAN were the first two I searched for on PinSimDb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP