Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.02
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am 

Get the latest version from my website.

Version 1.03: Coming Soon

- fixed some inserts not turning off when Orca Multiball starts.
- fixed GI lights not turning back on for shoot again after tilt.
- fixed ball rolling fx constantly playing.
- added a quote playlist for certain events rather than a randomiser to reduce repetition.
- added more movie clips.
- added more quotes.
- added more sound fx.
- improved HUD aspect ratio for desktop view.
- holding down the start button for 2 seconds will toggle the HUD.
- new feature added: USS Indianapolis Speech (see updated ruleset for details).
- improved Killer Shark bonus game: added more callouts, more sound fx, more prizes and an extra 'sweeper' shot for the biggest prize.
- added 'cliffy' to left scoop.
- new feature: Search for Ben Gardner.
- improved rules, audio and visual design for the final mission to kill Jaws.
- fixed an issue with the underwater lighting effect.
- improved some lighting effects.
- numerous other minor tweaks.

Version 1.02:

- fixed a text issue on DMD during Shark Cage Attack mode.
- fixed some inserts not turning off during Killer Shark mode.
- fixed some inserts not turning off during Barrel Multiball mode.
- fixed a timing issue when Final Score is displayed.
- fixed some quotes overlapping.
- fixed ball sticking on Orca ramp when 'magnet' is activated.
- fixed plunger fx playing 2 overlapping sounds when ball auto launches.
- fixed middle target in centre target bank sometimes not registering a hit.
- fixed ramp combo not showing when Orca ramp hit successively.
- fixed Killer Shark prizes not resetting when used in the next game.
- added fx to extreme weather feature on Orca ramp: when hit out of mode, the weather conditions worsen from small wave to tidal wave. 
- increased harpoon kicker impulse power; shots will now complete the ramp and enter Jaws mouth.
- Improved ball physics (ball mass and gravity - previously lowered to off set low power kicker impulse).
- improved nudge power and performance.
- Physics XML is now coded into the script.

This is a big, big update to the ULTIMATE edition mod I produced a few years ago.

You will need BAM to get the most from the game but it can be played without it.

I've added Smoke's ball rolling fx to the game and the files needed for that are included in the file.

To fire the Harpoon Launcher, press the launcher (plunger) when the harpoon button (or 'Action' button) is flashing.

Hold down the start button for 2 seconds to remove the onscreen HUD (version 1.03).

The game is hard but you can win an 'easy mode' as one of the prizes when playing the end of game 'Killer Shark' game. And to play 'Killer Shark' you must finish a game without a single civilian casualty.

The complete ruleset for the game can be found on my website here:

https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinb ... ocop-rules

It's still a work in progress, so some minor bugs may occur.

Now go get Jaws...the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Last edited by SLAMT1LT on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.01
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 pm 

As one who considers himself of the "old guard" I just wanted to simply say that your comeback is - after many a tough personal setback this year - the best thing in my little pinball world that I would have never dared dreaming of. I just wanted to say "Thank you" for sharing your work with the FP community out here and there again. I was a regular at your website and marvel many times at how much work, sweat and love you pour into your creations and subsequent overhalls.
I am glad you are back. What fun 2019 will be...

THANK YOU.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 am 

Thanks Returnee! Sorry you had a tough year. Pinball has been my therapy for many years and has helped me get through some dark times.

I can guarantee you one thing, you won't have as much fun playing any other pinball games anywhere else, I've engineered my games for maximum fun and enjoyment. There really is nothing else out there that comes close. So enjoy the ride!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:42 pm 

Yes...I tried for a long time to contact rom before adding DOFLinx to his FP tables...but never got a response. When I saw how long it's been since he was active, I figured enough time has passed that it was ok to add cabinet support since it wasn't changing the table itself.

Then I figured adding adding my "Mastered" mod to MOTU was ok for the same reason. It was an add-on, and didn't actually change the game itself.

When he finally did contact me long after on YT, (to say he loved what I did for MOTU)...that was a relief. Many authors don't leave any info on thei table to indicate if they mind a table being modded or hosted on another site, etc.

So at what point, is it enough time that has passed (and someone is no longer active or part of FP anymore) is it ok to mod a table, as long as they are given full credit? Hard to measure.

I had the opposite experience when it came to my first Pinup Player creation on VP (before it had FP support via DOFLinx). I used a VP version of Tron to test and mod...and when it was done, I demoed the table on Youtube as I was super excited. This was a first for the entire virtual pinball community!

Sadly, in the video I only gave credit to SLAM for being inspired by his excellent FP version...and my focus was on Pinup Player. The table author was upset at both the fact I didn't ask him if it was ok to mod the table first (even though my mod didn't change the actual table itself), and also that I didn't even mention him or anyone else involved with the table in the video.

I felt pretty crappy about that, as I'm very particular about giving credit to anythin I may have used, or been inspired by...but me and the author are good now. So SLAM, I can relate.

I think the past is the past. You are being very humble coming back to the community, and sharing some of this stuff. Time heals...and I think enough time has passed. You have ALWAYS given credit to the original authors in the table script, DMD, etc on your table mods.

I know Rom would love what you have done with this table! God knows I and many many many other people do!

Don't worry about what we think about these new table releases. We know the immense amount of work that goes into them...and we assume you have even more ideas down the line. Believe me...we don't seen an incomplete product.... we see something that just gets better and better...and we love it!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:31 pm 

Thanks! I know I can't control what happens to any of my games once I release them so right from the start it's easy just to say, it's yours...do as you wish! Never understood why authors insisted on permission but each to their own. As long as credit is given where credit is due, then it's no harm no foul.

Btw, the Jaws VP version, has removed my credit for all my work from the script and the DMD! It's like I never existed.

Anyway...back to Jaws....should be released tomorrow. I'm testing the hell out of it for the next 24 hours.

Then I'll release the new Iron Man shortly after that. Then Christmas!!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:56 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
Thanks! I know I can't control what happens to any of my games once I release them so right from the start it's easy just to say, it's yours...do as you wish! Never understood why authors insisted on permission but each to their own. As long as credit is given where credit is due, then it's no harm no foul.

Btw, the Jaws VP version, has removed my credit for all my work from the script and the DMD! It's like I never existed.

Anyway...back to Jaws....should be released tomorrow. I'm testing the hell out of it for the next 24 hours.

Then I'll release the new Iron Man shortly after that. Then Christmas!!

I know if your name isn't VP Jaws, that wasn't intentional, that's for sure. randr did a copy and paste / replace of the FP script in text editor before actually trying the build in VP, etc. I haven't seen it since I added DOF to the script....but at that time the top part was a mixed up mess. He knew it was Rom's table originally...but I don't think he realized that you had your updates at the top of the script and DMD, so he probably didn't understand the difference with the Ultimate version. (He was going back and forth between a few versions at first to see what the difference were, and he didn't know which version to use back then, etc).

I need to update that table anyway for it to be final, as it needs additional DOF commands. I always go through the script and clean it up and add extra credits at the top, and on the DMD. (VP guys don't do that as much in the table script, so I've added credits for all involved like that for a few tables I've updated, as that to me is a big deal, and shouldn't be overlooked)

When that happens, I will certainly make sure your original credits are in there, as they should be. Again... randr definitely wouldn't have removed them on purpose.

VERY excited to see this amazing new FP version! The world's first Ultimate Pro FP table released! Very very cool!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:11 am 

Great news you are back!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:03 pm 

SLAM! tx for being back here ! Looked/FOllowed your site, despite you didnt release any table, but upgraded them bit by bit......Very cool on how you did your upgrades ! Wish i could be as ideafull as you lol...... Your work will be here in Holland respected and played with much fun as you created them !
grTz
mysty

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm 

Thanks for coming back now I'm back :)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:49 pm 

Future Pinball, BAM, DOFLinx, and front-end setup Mega-Guide!

With the very recent updates to BAM and new tables coming out, I figured I should completely update this Guide with more details many may not know about…and also to include more details about BAM's basic setup, Pinup Player, Real DMD and LCD DMD, and Pinup Popper.

I’ve covered almost all the main essentials one needs for Future Pinball setup in a cabinet!

If you know of something important I may have missed…let me know.

With SLAMT1LT starting to release his new Ultimate PRO tables, I wanted a more thorough guide to cover the important stuff.

I’ll try to get a ready to go CFG you guys can use. Not just for BAM default…but also for Jaws Ultimate Pro. Then it will be ready to go for a perfect cabinet view and lighting setup!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-f ... pinball-x/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release