Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Jaws ULTIMATE 1.05-2
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm 

This is the third installment of a table from Slamt1lt's Collection, Jaws! Gimli posted the "Jaws Ultimatum 1.01" table back before Slam had produced the "Jaws ULTIMATE 1.05" version. I asked Gimli if he wouldn't mind adding his changes into Slam's latest version. ...And here it is! This version has everything Gimli's old version had but he and I have added much more as identified below:

1) Added the same features from the "Jaws Ultimatum 1.01" version which include true multiplayer, a save game and crash recovery feature, DMD animations, and DMD based high score entry.
2) Added alternating room art that changes the theme with game intensity (multiball and barrel modes).
3) Added two virtual reality versions.
4) Added menu system like used on CFTBL.
5) Added extensive debug text coding for those interested in following the process. From table editor press F9.
6) Added "Shark Hit Mode". You now get a bonus each time you hit the shark with mouth closed. Multiples of 5 hits will open the lane to be able to lock balls for Bruce multiball.
7) Fixed bug where the shark's jaw would sometimes roll around in a complete circle between balls.
8) Fixed issue from the "Jaws Ultimatum 1.01" version where the DMD would become darker.
9) Added new loading screen.
10) Replaced old 1024x2048 playfield and plastics with 2048x4096 from Rom's original table.
11) Increased size of Heads Up Display (HUD).
12) Edited cabinet art to lighten it so it matches playfield.
13) Created custom physics with dynamic flippers including adjusting strengths of all the objects on the table.
14) Fixed the ball getting stuck on plastic ramp where the ball stops under the rocking ship.
15) Changed HUD toggle key so it saves the setting to the fpRam file and added menu item for it.
16) Added plunger mod so it operates more smoothly.
17) Added black surfaces inside the shark's head so you don't see the playfield through the open mouth.
18) Made some adjustments to the barrel kicker to make it a little easier to hit.
19) Made some changes to the inner wall of the outer orbit to keep the ball from getting stuck there.
20) Changed the color of one of the barrel multiball lights from white to yellow to match the other barrel multiball lights.
21) Added video to the HUD that was only being displayed on the TV screen. Also made the HUD slightly larger.
22) Slightly widened the lane with the white lights to start Bruce multiball a little easier and a few other changes to improve it. Also added 2 kickers to assist the ball in the area under the deck.
23) Added version of the table for use on a single monitor with a portrait orientation such that the monitor on your PC can be rotated 90 degrees.
24) Added "K" code to exercise kickers if ball gets stuck in them.

This table is available here for download:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate

Have fun!

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE 1.05-1
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm 

Thanks GeorgeH for you work on all the Slamt1lt modded tables.
I think dynamic flippers makes a huge difference

I hope some of the VR users will try this...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:15 pm 

The VR versions are getting some downloads. It is difficult to know if they are downloading them to use or if they are just curious.

I am working on a Halloween table that has 3 dynamic flippers. It has been a learning experience. I set it up so the 3rd flipper can have different omegas than the main flippers.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:07 am 

Hi George,

The changes are great! But I have an issue when I put my name on record, after the "end" I heve a Meditation error : Format and number issue.

Someone confirm ?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:54 am 

Thanks Turk ,
I forgot to check that.
That is the same code error from my previous work.
It is a "European" glitch so it never happens to us.
I believe it has to do with 2 lines of code that give you your "ranking" you can remove these or remove the word formatnumber in the two lines as described below

Last edited by Gimli on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 am 

Rav noted this in a previous table....the code I actually took from franciscos Apollo table...

ravarcade wrote:
There is line in code:
Code:
theDMD2.Text=   "[f8][XC][Y0]PLAYER "&(CurrentPlayer)&" TOTAL [f8][XC][Y12]"&formatnumber(FormatScore(temphsscore), 0, -1, 0, -1)&"[f8][xc][y22]"&tempnvname&"  RANK " &tempposition

It calls function formatnumber. That function does same thing as FormatScore. Also formatnumber don't work with too big numbers, so i just removed it.
So, at end this line looks like this:
Code:
theDMD2.Text=   "[f8][XC][Y0]PLAYER "&(CurrentPlayer)&" TOTAL [f8][XC][Y12]"&FormatScore(temphsscore)&"[f8][xc][y22]"&tempnvname&"  RANK " &tempposition

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:32 am 

Some Europeans had other syntax things too that this reminds me to check.... I did the coding a couple of years ago so I forgot about these things

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 am 

Thx! I will check this in the script!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:12 pm 

Turk,
can you try this code around 1171 in non vr versions:

Code:
 DispDmd1.Text=   "[f28][XC][Y0]PLAYER "&(CurrentPlayer)&" TOTAL [f28][XC][Y12]"& FormatScore(temphsscore) &"[f28][xc][y22]"&tempnvname&"  RANK " &tempposition
      DispDmd2.Text=   "[f28][XC][Y0]PLAYER "&(CurrentPlayer)&" TOTAL [f28][XC][Y12]"& FormatScore(temphsscore) &"[f28][xc][y22]"&tempnvname&"  RANK " &tempposition

Thx

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:52 am 

Hi Gimli,

I'll try it and give you feedback.

Thanks for your support

Stephane

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release