Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: LesMills Body Attack pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 am 

Well, I'm happy to finally release my first table.

Description, rules & informations are here : http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/tabl ... ody_attack

You can download it on the same link of course.

If you're victim of a bug or have an idea of upgrade (if it's possible), tell to me. I'm already check for a small update for soon.

Have fun ! ;)

Post subject: Re: LesMills Body Attack pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 pm 

Congratulations on building your first table! I'll have to try it out.

Although I have helped build and edit tables, I've never built one from scratch.

George

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:37 pm 

Thanks,

By the way, the link is avaiable on PinSimDB too but there's a gameplay demo for some curious or to understand what to do on it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmyvSiUMxA

! WARNING ! If you don't want to be spoiled and discover by yourself, don't click now and wait.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 am 

I have to say this is an amazing first build! I was surprised to see some features on a first build like an auto-plunger and ball destroyed and recreated elsewhere. First builds are usually very simple. It appears you spent some time on it.

I can't say I have seen decals used like this before. I think that most of the guys here would have used Overlays in the center of the playfield but you made the decals work.

I think most of the guys would expect to see a HUD so they can easily play the table on a desktop PC. I played it without a problem on my PC because I rotated my display 90 degrees. Adding a HUD is not too difficult. You add a new segmented displays like you did on the translite except you use the HUD version. Then you just repeat the exact same script line by line for the new displays as you did for the non-HUD displays. It can be time consuming but not difficult.

I did have a little trouble finding the S key. Even though you posted it on PinSimDB, I was expecting to either press the plunger key or Special Key 1 or 2, but S works.

George

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 am 

Thanks, I'm happy to read that :)

I'm already working for a small update on it to remove some issue or adding some missing functions. You've right George about the HUD for desktop PC, I usually play on Fixed view (F7) and I just see the 2 displays on the top, so that's why I didn't think about that. I will add it for the next version.

And just to say, this is not really my first build, this is the first complete one I've done ;)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:19 pm 

I have been playing your table a bit more and have found the ball often goes up the right ramp, hits the side of the ramp on the flat part, then rolls back and goes down the wire ramp to the right in-lane in front of the right flipper. I have experimented with it and found that if you curve the right ramp a bit more so that the top of it is parallel to the sides of the table that it performs better.

I have also noticed that when you hit the ball fairly hard up the left most orbit it often bounces off the gate in front of the launch lane and rolls back down the orbit without going through any of the lanes that are at the top. I think this can be fixed by changing the angle of the gate.

George

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm 

For the ramp, it's ok if it rolls back to the wire ramp, whatever if you do the complete tour or not, it will give the same score and advance for "Parkour Multiball". The system look like the Ghostbusters from Stern.

For the top gate, I will check that.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:51 am 

As promise, update coming and now avaiable on PinSimDB : http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/tabl ... ody_attack

Enjoy.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release