Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FPx Table Template v1
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:19 am 

Build 1.1 so far
NOTE: THIS is still being worked on.
- fpxEngine is now so simple even a person with no coding experience can use it (scriptwise that is)
- fpxEngine has been completely restructured and rewritten. It is now the easiest template engine to use since Pinball Construction Kit
- fpxEngine now has a manual, that describes a lot more than you would think
- Preset section added. all accessed with one line of code to multiple scoring routines. Just point and shoot
- Bug fixes etc
- Light Attract routine expanded, now displays high score list, table name. This is now fully automated, so no need to add light bulb interval/on/off code
- BAM support added with a simple system for the user to select among multiple xml physics files and a up to 10 different flipper bounce settings.
- Select-able Debug mode (press f9 key in editor) now shows general table info including physics package or engine debug information
- New Display and Light Seq routines added
- New Control routine added, which adds multiple soundset support, with the ability to customize all displays/lightSeq/music per soundset.
- Users should be able to play any soundset/company style with any fpx table
- All display and lightseq code is also usable in code as well (e.g. AddDisplay "BlinkMessageFast":AddLightFX "BlinkFast")
- HUD displays expanded from 2 to 4 displays, to match the backglass displays. This is for possible future support of williams/bally system11 and Data East tables
- all music/sound code has been (or will be by the time the next build is released) moved to the main control routine (AddMusicSet) so we can have multiple styles without the user having to do anything.
- There are about 15 display routines now coded, with 6 new routines added. (More will come)
- AddEvent has been stripped of any code completely. Now it is just for typing in messages for the display to use, and your custom code hooks like what to do with a new ball etc.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:06 pm 

Wow that sounds amazing !
Thanks blue !

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:11 pm 

Excelent, that have a ton of work.

Is these template available? or it will be? page 1 post are for 2017 or is that the courrent state?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:06 pm 

Next version. Its been completely rewritten from the first version. This is a build not sure when there will enough done to release a beta. Its the manual that takes up most of the time. I will be releasing a early version of the manual soon at my facebook as there are friends there that can go over it and maybe suggest
improvements.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm 

Things are progressing with the last 2 weeks spent learning new software and starting the manual. This is very incomplete, but the section for the beginners template is (almost) done, and since I need all the help I can get in spelling, grammar, and even explaining things, I'm just putting up what I have done so far with the manual.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out, I suspect a lot of people who don't even know how to code should be able to use fpx, and in writing this, I assumed that most people don't even know what a Remark is, let alone sub/cases etc, so I explained that as best as I could.

Hopefully some of you guys can look at it and tell me if it's as easy to understand as possible, (I really miss John for this) and if you think my concept of giving people who have no scripting experience the ability to make their own tables is workable or not.

I also decided it was better to run previews at Pinball Nirvana, as there are people there who are writers and others that can help me in getting this done sooner rather than later, and since I am a admin there, I can keep the information more organized and easy to find.
Will still update this thread every once in a while of course till a actual full release.

First manual build link below:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 pm 

I'm going to give this a crack. Paul should I just look at the help file first? Is that what you want feedback on?

-mark

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 pm 

yeah. it's just the manual up here. I'm still writing the &#$@^ thing, not even close to done. Limited time and all that. Still, the first beta of the beginners template is done, just checking the code and making sure the 3 music sets in there are working right and timed properly. I've stripped out a lot of things, they will be redone as I go along.

Made a few changes, so updating the manual as well. Hopefully within a couple days, the fpt file and the updated manual will be up as b1.01. Might even be tonight if it seems to work fine.

Edit: What the hell, put it up anyway. see next post...

Last edited by blue on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 pm 

Beta 1.01 is now available

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/sh ... post111873

My apologies, but this forum's file attachment limit is too low to put it up here.

Stable version, still very much a wip. includes the fpt and manual (latest version)

next up is work on new display/light routines for each of the 3 music sets (Bally82, Williams system 7, williams 1978) more code rewriting, and more new AddScoringFeature routines (such as a mystery feature) before I start adding the generic code for each main object.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 am 

Blue,

Maybe you could ask to reactivate my user id on Pinball Nirvana. I was able to log in but was unable to post anything. My ID is GeorgeH. I haven't actually used the id since 2016. I guess I should log in more often.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:08 am 

Cool. Downloading it and trying things out!

-mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release