Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Masters of the Universe: MASTERED Edition
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:30 am 

Gin wrote:
So, managed to play the table for a couple of hours ;) , and all seems good for myself.

I do hear the 'Rolling Ball' SFX, but only at the appropriate time(s) - and no echoing is heard, also, no visible bleeding of the ball on Dummy Flippers.

Only element I have changed is "Surface 20" on Layer 0 (10 ?) in the table editor (Made it 'taller' so to speak...) - to prevent the ball(s) from being thrown up & over and rolling out of the general playfield area.

Gin

Gin,

I think the reason Rom added "Surface 20" is to keep the ball from flying up. The bumpers could possibly make the ball fly. Rom also added a wall on top of "Surface 20". It appears the intention of the wall is to stop the ball in case it flies off the ramps. There is a fairly large gap between the wall and the left ramp. I could extend the wall so it goes all the way around the surface which should keep the ball from getting up there. I have played this table a lot and not gotten a ball up there. Do you know how the ball got up there or what direction it come from?

George

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:11 am 

Hi George,

Thanks for your response.

The Ball(s) would generally fly up and over Surface 20 from the left orbit / left ramp area - mainly during multi-ball play, but a couple of times when only 1 ball on the PlayField... but definitely when at speed. The balls would fly up, roll and drop off the table at the 8/9 o'clock position, and never to be seen again :o

So, your suggestion of extending Surface 20 (and potentially the associated wall(s)?) would hopefully prevent this from happening in the future :) .

Gin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm 

I didn't raise Surface 20 any higher but extended the area of its coverage and the wall on top of it was extended too. The entire upper left portion of the table is covered now. I don't think anyone should experience flying balls anymore. I have not experienced balls flying off the ramps. If they do, please let me know. This is the new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhrlmdlsoo8f ... bPKDa?dl=0

George

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:19 am 

While I haven't yet added these updates to the DOFLinx version of the table (when there is more of a final version I will).... I thought you'd like to see the most POWERFUL light show available in a pinball cabinet!

Masters of the Universe: Mastered. DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The first Future Pinball to use addressable leds. It... is.... awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b62481X_edk

More info here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6481&p=84433#p84433

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
...There is another bug with Hyperion's Hi-Score entry that sometimes results in you entering your initials, but they don't actually get entered, and it just stays stuck on that custom hi-score entry on the DMD. Whereas rom's version never had this problem using FP's native hi-score entry.

Terry,

You posted this a long time ago. I couldn't find if it was ever resolved. Are you still having problems with it?

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:44 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
...There is another bug with Hyperion's Hi-Score entry that sometimes results in you entering your initials, but they don't actually get entered, and it just stays stuck on that custom hi-score entry on the DMD. Whereas rom's version never had this problem using FP's native hi-score entry.

Terry,

You posted this a long time ago. I couldn't find if it was ever resolved. Are you still having problems with it?

George

I haven't had this issue with the newer versions I do believe. I thought Gimli or you may have done something to help resolve this issue way back when?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:56 pm 

I don't know enough about script to fix it. I can do some scripting but not a lot. Gimli's fix for the other scoring problem must have fixed this too.

George

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

Guys,

I have finally posted the revised version of this table on PinSimDB. I added Terry's change to the video where Skeletor says "You royal boob!" when you press the start game key without pressing the coin in first. I created a version mostly for my own use but decided to share it where I rotate my desktop PC monitor 90 degrees to play the table. I removed a gob of unused stuff that had been previously saved to the table but added it as a separate download for anyone who might revise the table in the future.

It is available here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... ed_edition

George

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 pm 

Glad to see it available for others.... great work George!

I have been sooo busy helping to beta test and develop PinUP Player (video Backglass / Topper player for FP, FX3, VPX) and PinUP Menu (new FrontEnd) as well as creating new PuP-Packs (the video Backglass for a table) that I haven't had much time for other things.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:26 am 

Thanks Terry. It plays very smoothly now. I haven't had any problems with it. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

I'm not sure what to think of the number of downloads of the version where I rotate my desktop PC monitor 90 degrees. I got 55 downloads on it though I wander how many download it out of curiosity. But the download counts are doing well so I can't complain. I prefer to play my favorite tables like this although I don't know how many monitors can rotate like mine does. I have seen quite a few that are on the market.

Is PUP going to be released anytime soon? I was interested in experimenting with it. Attack From Mars would be an excellent candidate to add video. I have made a few changes on it already.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release