Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Masters of the Universe: MASTERED Edition
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:07 pm 

You Have the POWER!!! with my MASTERED Edition update to "Rom's" excellent "Masters of the Universe" Future Pinball table. I've also created an "all-new" DOFLinx cabinet mod as well. This table mod is inspired by SLAMT1LT's tables as well as the newer pinball machines (from JJP, Stern, Heighway Pinball) that now use monitors instead of DMDs.

A video demonstration that shows off all the features of the MASTERED Edition as well as the DOFLinx mod can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/O_5w4ocVInI

MASTERED Edition:

- new backglass with various fanart. Formatted specifically to work with 16:9, and 4:3 screens.
- new full motion video sequences for almost all table actions and modes. These are NEW hi-resolution video clips that now appear on the backglass (and display HUD for desktop users)
- new info display shown on backglass
- new sound clips

Watch Prince Adam dance to the beat (and the animated matching flashers) of Castle Multi-Ball!

Experience the woosh of blower-fan air from Ripper Multi-Ball.

FEEL the POWER (and shaker motor) when you become HE-MAN and see your power emanate from the flashers.

FEAR Skeletor as he launches his devastating 9-Ball Multi-Ball and watch him laugh at you on the backglass.

Go beyond the days of DMDs and see full hi resolution videos and info displays on the new animated backglass.

Don't be a cheap skate, or Skeletor will get angry!

With 1000's of images, and new sounds...this makes for a MOTU experience like no other, and a Pinball experience found nowhere else!

DOFLinx Cabinet Edition:

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc
-gear motor for Castle Grayskull, Ripper, and He-Man
-shaker motor feedback to feel the power and action
-blower fan feedback for Ripper ramp
-5 RGB flasher animated effects
-RGB under cabinet lighting
-beacon and strobe effects
-coin, start, and launch button leds

A normal Desktop version of the MASTERED Edition as well as a DOFLinx Cabinet version of the MASTERED Edition will be on PinSimDB when approved.

Last edited by TerryRed on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Masters of the Universe: MASTERED Edition
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 pm 

Note: Make sure you have "Load Images into Editor" unchecked....or the table may not load for you and crash.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:45 pm 

Terry,

It looks like it will be a nice mod. I look forward to playing it on my desktop. It would be nice to have a pincab but I don't. I might at some point add some video to some of my tables. What tools did you use to create the video? I presume you had a tool that pulled each frame out of the video that you uploaded as a separate image. How did you sync the audio to the video? I presume you had to use separate sound or music files that had to be synced somehow.

George

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 am 

There are few tools you can use. SLAMT1LT had a tutorial video on his Youtube channel, though he did some things the manual / hard way. I used some other programs to make it easier.

As for the videos, alot of them were on Youtube. I use 4K Downloader to download them to MP4 format.

Then I used Convert-it! to both change the frame rate (to 20fps, 15 fps, or 12 fps) and convert the video to images. I kept the original resolution of 640x480, but you may want to change that. Image format is JPG.

I would then find the section of images I wanted for a particular scene or effect / action, and then copy that to a different folder. (I keep each video in its own folder) I would use "Better File Rename" to both rename the images to whatever name I wanted, and also to renumber them properly from 001 to 00x.

Then I import the images into FP Texture Manager. You can only import 30 images at a time! Must be a FP bug. Be sure you know what you want to use, as you can only DELETE one image at a time! When my first mod reached up to over 200 MB, I realized that the table was pushing beyond what FP would like (and it started to crash, wouldn't work with DOFLinx). As a result I couldn't use the 1300 images I had for the "Adam" intro, ( combined with the 1500 images I had for the table actions) and I had to start the mod all over.... :(

Once you have all your images imported, then you need to create an Image List. In that list you "include" the images you want. It can be a combination of any images you want, but I found it better to not have the same image used twice, as it can confuse FP. You can chose the "update interval" here (which will create the fps for your video), however you can just do this in your script at any time which is what I did anyway.

You have to know how you want to use you videos. Will one video action override another....etc. I had all thew main table action videos in one image list and overlay. Then I had the multi-ball modes in another image list and overlay. Then I had the text that is displayed on its own image list and overlay.

FP can only play a video sequence, and have it stop on an image in sequence, or have it loop a sequence. It doesn't have a way to "turn off the video". So to do that you either have to "fade out" your overlay (which can be buggy sometimes), or create a timer that will expire (to match when the video will end) and change the frame to a default frame.

I didn't want to deal with Timers for all these video sequences (I had alot). What I did was have the last frame of each video clip be a transparent image with a unique name to that video clip. This way, when the action and video is done, then it will "turn off" the video. You could also use some "Default image" as well, but I recommend having a copy of that image with a different name. If you want to remove that image or change your image list, FP can get confused sometimes.

For the sound I used Convert-It (or 4K to MP3) to extract to audio to MP3. Then I used Audacity to clip out the exact audio clip I wanted for a video. Then I saved the file as OGG format and imported it into FP.

Here's an example of Skeletor MultiBALL starting, which plays a clip but then LOOPS a specific range after one play through. Note, there are no sounds because the table already had a sound clip for this video being used elsewhere in the script:

Sub Videos_Skeletor_MB() 'Play the Skeletor_MB Video
Video_Text.frame 2 'Skeletor MB Video_Text Play
Video_Skeletor_MB.UpdateInterval=50
Video_Skeletor_MB.frame 2, 104, 54 'Skeletor_MB Video Play Looped
End Sub

The Skeletor_MB is an overlay and image sequence just for Skeletor MultiBall. The Video_Text is another overlay and image from my "Text" images that display things like "Skeletor Multi-Ball, or 50,000, etc". The update interval is how fast you want the video to play (FPS). You will have to play with that to get the effect you want.

Then this stops the Skeletor MB clip and text. They each have a transparent image in their image sequence. Since I'm using a different sub-routine that triggers this action, I can use whatever image I want to change to:

Sub Videos_Skeletor_MB_Stop() 'Skeletor_MB Video Stop
Video_Skeletor_MB.frame 1
Video_Text.frame 1
End Sub

Here's an example of one of the many normal table actions. I have them all on one image sequence and overlay because their actions will always override one another.

The is the spinning sword sequence:

Sub Videos_Spinning_Sword() 'Play Spinning_Sword Video
Video_Table_Actions.UpdateInterval=40
Video_Table_Actions.frame 667, 699 'Spinning_Sword Play
playsound "SpinningSword"

HUD_Video_Table_Actions.UpdateInterval=40
HUD_Video_Table_Actions.frame 667, 699 'Spinning_Sword Play
End Sub

Note, I have two overlays here. One is for the backglass, and another is for the "HUD" display which is the overlay you see when using the desktop version of the table. The update interval is different because this clip used more fps. The playsound command is for playing the audio (OGG) file we made from the original video. This video will play only once and end displaying frame 699, which is a transparent image.

I have a "default" background image, so that when all videos are done playing that is what you see. (He-Man on Battlecat fanart image)

Hope that helps...more than I was expecting to type. :)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:38 pm 

I think you provided enough detail that I will be able to do it when I examine your table after I download it. You have a neat way of stopping the video. It sounds easier than the other ways. I'll have to remember to save the changes after I add each video in case FP crashes. So I take it that you adjust the update interval of the video to sync the video to the audio.

I don't have Convert-it! but I think there are some free programs that do the same thing. Some of the other guys may provide feedback on which program is the best.

I used Audacity when I mixed the sound on Creature from the Black Lagoon. It works so well it is hard to believe it is free.

I like the file renamer that is built into my free file manager, Double Commander. The file renamer is not very elaborate but it is nice to have it integrated into the file manager. It has been in beta form for ages but it works well.

I think I found Slam's tutorial (link below) but your way does seem better. I wonder why he doesn't reduce the frame rate instead of deleting every other image? I suppose changing the frame rate could introduce some degradation of the images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ER4w0k ... e=youtu.be

Thanks!

George

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am 

Thanks a lot Terry. I've always loved this table and you've made it better than ever!! Thank you :-)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:20 pm 

I-HAVE-THE-.... framedrop :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

Skeletor Multiball attacks my framerate. 9 balls on the playfield are a tough battle :mrgreen:

(PS: Um, can we have, like, a toggle for the vids, please? They are too much in the view imho, better keep them to the backglass)

Last edited by gibsmedat on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:17 pm 

gibsmedat wrote:
I-HAVE-THE-.... framedrop :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

Skeletor Multiball cuts my framerate in half, lol, same with He-Man's. 9 balls on the playfield are apparently too much :mrgreen:

(PS: Um, can we have, like, a toggle for the vids, pretty please? They are too much in the view imho, better keep them to the backglass)

If you dont want videos, then just play rom's original version. My update is mainly adding the new videos and backglass. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 pm 

Sadly I'm not capable to fix this bug by myself. Does anyone has the skills to fix the highscore system of this table? You always have to type in your initials, even if you don't have a highscore. Seems to be something in the script...

Best regards

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 pm 

Skyrider wrote:
Sadly I'm not capable to fix this bug by myself. Does anyone has the skills to fix the highscore system of this table? You always have to type in your initials, even if you don't have a highscore. Seems to be something in the script...

Best regards

I don't sadly. That was also in the table before I modded it. It's part of hyperion's DMD mod. It's possible to update it with rom's original hi-score entry code which uses FP's native high-score entry system.

It doesn't always do that for me....only sometimes....kind of annoying. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release