Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: tales of the arabian nights
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I am usually able to make a light appear brighter by increasing the glow radius but it doesn't appear to work on this table.

George

I usually uncheck 33% and select a brighter color.

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:50 pm 

blindpeser wrote:

This doesn't seem to work either.

George

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:16 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
blindpeser wrote:

This doesn't seem to work either.

George

Maybe a darker color for the turned off bulb?

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 am 

starac wrote:
Does anyone know how to boost the lights on playfield?ZLightMISSsinbad,zLightMISSalibaba ....I tried something but I did not succeed...
greeting

I don't have much experience with lights so I looked at the manual. The manual shows that you can move the bulbs for the lights. On this table, Smoke moved the bulbs for the lights down into the apron. You can move the bulb back up to the light and then increase the glow radius. There is a bit of a problem when you do this. The light bleeds through beyond the edges of the lamp and illuminates parts of the playfield that you don't want illuminated. I'm guessing that is why Smoke moved the bulbs down to the apron. I've found about the max glow radius you can do is about 30 maybe 40 millimeters until you start getting some objectionable bleed through.

George

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 am 

Tnx George.If you play a night mode lights and do not see..
Flasher light perfect :)

Something similar to this example

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm 

It looks nice Starac.

George

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:51 am 

really amazing table I haven't had much time in the last year to use my vive since I bought a house and its been constant renovations. But I've got my Vr space back and Just thrilled to have TOTAN in VR. The one issue I'm seeing is i don't see the high detailed Lamp. but bam is running and I don't get an error when launching. I'm wondering is there a setting in FP video settings that has to be enabled to see the model properly?
Its possible its related to the FP OPENVR build..but want to make sure i'm not missing something first(i did download the latests version

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:17 pm 

bloodydrake wrote:
...I'm wondering is there a setting in FP video settings that has to be enabled to see the model properly? ...

You will get the message on the DMD that says "BAM NOT DETECTED NO LAMP FEATURE" when you don't have BAM installed. There are directions for installing BAM here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

You probably don't have a lot of spare time, so you might want to check out the list of my favorite tables. The ones with 5 stars are the best although I haven't added this one yet:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

George

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:04 pm 

bloodydrake wrote:
really amazing table I haven't had much time in the last year to use my vive since I bought a house and its been constant renovations. But I've got my Vr space back and Just thrilled to have TOTAN in VR. The one issue I'm seeing is i don't see the high detailed Lamp. but bam is running and I don't get an error when launching. I'm wondering is there a setting in FP video settings that has to be enabled to see the model properly?
Its possible its related to the FP OPENVR build..but want to make sure i'm not missing something first(i did download the latests version

make sure to enable the new render in bam lightning menu. Otherwise will not get the bumpmapping support (ID4 also use bumpmapping for the alien ship)

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:22 pm 

smoke wrote:
bloodydrake wrote:
...I'm wondering is there a setting in FP video settings that has to be enabled to see the model properly? ...

make sure to enable the new render in bam lightning menu. Otherwise will not get the bumpmapping support (ID4 also use bumpmapping for the alien ship)

That must have been why I couldn't see much difference between BAM and no BAM versions of this table. I normally use "New Renderer" but somehow had it set to "FP Original" on this table. Using "New Renderer" definitely produces a dramatic improvement. You might want to add a note that says this on Pinsimdb.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release