Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Aliens Legacy (Ultimate BadAss Edition) (DOFLinx)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm 

Well... here it finally is....

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Badass Edition) (V1.12) (DOFLinx-Cabinet Edition)

DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

A video demonstration of this table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvaBDJWFbgE

Link to table on pinsimdb:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... ss_edition)(doflinx)

Man, this mod was alot of work, but alot of fun....but only because this table has so many cool modes and features....

You have never seen a Future Pinball table with this kind of feedback and lighting in a cabinet!

I added animated RGB flasher effects for:

-machine gun turret fire
-grenade explosions
-nuclear explosions
-flame thrower
-blow torch
-custom flasher sequences to match those of the table's
-orbit (spinner?) effects
-ship drop sequence

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / lights.

Devices supported on this table:

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field center solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
FIRE button
RGB Undercab Lighting

I had to use 14 Timers and sub routines to match up some effects with video clips.

The table is a bit hard....but if you can progress, you'll be rewarded with a nice light show and some good feedback.

Let me know how this works out for you guys...and show me some videos of this running in your cabinets! I want to see what these effects look like with a normal 5 rgb flasher bar!

I've uploaded the table to PinSimDB....just waiting for a mod to approve it.

DOFLinx information and Setup:

DOFLinx - "A powerful utility for cabinet owners to make the most of force feedback and lighting." - by DDH69

This Future Pinball table has DOFLinx commands added to it. This will enable support for pinball cabinet force feedback devices such as solenoids (flippers,bumpers,slingshots,drop targets,etc), RGB lighting and flashers, beacon, strobes, blower fan, shaker, FIRE and other buttons lights, and more! This will work with Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, PACLED64, and KL25Z.

Requirements / Installation: Regardless of using this table with force feedback (Pinball Cabinet) or without (Desktop), you MUST install the current DOFLinx.vbs script into your ‘Future Pinball\Scripts’ folder. Running the table without DOFLinx.vbs will cause an error. (FF_INIT)

DOFLinx.vbs is included with the DOFLinx install package. This file is not included with this table to avoid version mismatches.

DOFLinx install package download:

The current download of DOFLinx can be found through this post at vpforums:

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=35852

It is recommended to use this table with BAM (Better Arcade Mode), in order to get the most accurate version of physics intended for this table. Copy the *.fpt and *.xml within this archive to your "Future Pinball\Tables" directory.

Cabinet Use:
For cabinet users running DOFLinx: This table will function with the in-game sounds for mechanical devices such as flippers, slingshots, bumpers, etc muted.  Instead, you will only hear your cabinet's feedback devices for those actions. The rest of the game's sounds will play normally as intended by the table author.

Desktop Use:
For desktop users: This table will still function normally without the need for DOFLinx to be running or installed (read "Requirements / Installation"). It will play perfectly with the original in-game mechanical sounds playing through your PC's speakers. Note: Any DMDs or HudOverlays intended for desktop use were moved out of view so that they will not appear on the playfield (this was intended for DOFLinx cabinet use) .

Night Mode:
For cabinet users who want to play at night with their cabinet noise makers turned off, this table can be toggled between Cabinet Use (noisy), and Desktop Use (Night Mode). Please consult the DOFLinx guide (included with the DOFLinx install package) for more information on how to use Night Mode.

Please read Requirements / Installation to setup DOFLinx. DOFLinx feedback requires Direct Output Framework R3 (DOF) installed and working.

I hope you enjoy the first Future Pinball Aliens Legacy cabinet feedback and lighting experience!

SLAMT1LT gave permission to mod and host this table. - TerryRed

For SLAMT1LT's newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website:

http://speak1970.wix...pinballemporium

Last edited by TerryRed on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Aliens Legacy (Ultimate BadAss Edition) (DOFLinx)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:30 pm 

Here's a post I made for someone on the Star Trek DOFLinx thread, that may be helpful to anyone wanting to setup DOFLinx.

Cabinet feedback is a lot to tackle for ANYONE. I've been an electronics tech for 21 years...and I still needed help and alot of reading to get it right...and some of it I still don't understand....but it works. ;) I'm 43...so I don't know if you consider that old. :)

As for DOF...yes its a bit daunting to take in so much info all at once. I'll do what I can to help.

DOFLinx Setup:

My recommendation is to first install the "VPX all in one installer" (Visual Pinball 10). This will setup your B2S Server and other bits that you need. Even if you don't use VPX, I still recommend it! (Not sure how to do it any other way)

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vpx-installer-10-1-0/

Make sure you install it to "c:\Visual Pinball" , NEVER in c:\ProgramFiles or c:\ProgramFiles(x86) !!!

Then install Direct Output Framework R3 (DOF R3), which is required for DOFLinx. You can get it on this page:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35852

Install DOF R3 in c:\DirectOutput NOT in c:\ProgramFiles or c:\ProgramFiles(x86) !!!

You will have to read the DOF R3 Wiki page on how to install DOF and have it enabled in the B2S Server:

http://pinball.weilenmann.net/docu/Dire ... index.html

...when it’s installed and setup, you should have DOF R3 installed in c:\DirectOutput folder.

If you are using Pinball X as a front-end (which I highly recommend), you need to install the DOF plug-in for Pinball X if you want DOF to control lights, etc during Pinball X navigation.

http://pinball.weilenmann.net/docu/Dire ... P/pbx.html

You will need to have a “c:\DirectOutput\config” folder.

DOF Config Tool:

http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

Normally you would setup your DOF devices (lights,etc) on the DOF config tool site. This site will basically generate config files for ALL of the Visual Pinball tables. It basically maps the lights and feedback, etc to work with whatever arrangement you have for your devices (my LED-Wiz is setup different than other people for example). You would then copy those files to your “c:\DirectOutput\config” folder. Even if you don't use VP, DOFLinx needs the directoutputconfig.ini file that DOF Config Tool creates.

Read this page about a simple DOFLinx Future Pinball setup:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35852

...but make sure you read the DOFLinx Guide for more complete info. DOFLinx does ALOT of things, but focus on the Future Pinball setup...but take your time and work through your setup of DOFLinx.ini

Enable DEBUG=1 in DOFLinx.ini, to help you see what's going on with the Debug window...and also to right-click and make use of the testing tools built in if needed.

Note about how DOFLinx is intended to work:

DOFLinx was designed to be always running in the background. It will "sleep" until it detects Future Pinball (or whatever you configured it for), then it "wakes up". It will monitor for a FP Link from a Future Pinball table that has been modified for DOFLinx support. If that link isn't established, DOFLinx defaults back to it's "Key to Output" type of function.

I have Pinball X startup DOFLinx when it first opens. Then when I launch a DOFLinx modded Future Pinball table, DOFLinx waits about 30 to 45 seconds to establish a FP Link. Then you will get DOFLinx feedback while playing. When you exit the table, DOFLinx will not detect Future Pinball and it will go back to sleep. this works very well for me with no issues.

If the table is not completely loaded and started in that 30 to 45 second time frame, then the link won't be established, and you won't get any feedback from that table, and DOFLinx reverts to its "Key to Output" type of function.

If you are trying to run DOFLinx outside of Pinball X.... then load up Future Pinball and your table FIRST. Then load DOFLinx...then click PLAY Table right away! This "should" work. If you exit your table, I recommend you close Future Pinball AND DOFLinx and repeat the process before trying to play again.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 pm 

Wow!

This is really impressive and better than the Star Trek table! Great Job Terry!

I posted a link to this topic on my "Help for New Members / Setting Up Future Pinball" Guide. I had to put it on item 27 because it had to go in the "Expert Guide" guide section but it is there or here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054&p=79588#p79588

Did you say in the video that DOFLinx can run LEDWiz?

George

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:47 am 

Hey Terry,
congratulations on your second great mod of a super-FP-table. I came across your video on Slamt1lt's website and was absolutely stunned.
You really did an excellent job! Thank you for investing so much time and effort and "pushing" DOFLinx further ahead.

[On a sidenote: I am still struggleing with the setup - so I can only watch the table as a really impressive video. But I am still at getting DOFLinx working properly - and the motivation just rose another notch]

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:49 am 

to George: Yes, exactly. DOFLinx works as a connection between FP and controllers like LEDWiz oder PinLED, for example. Thus, almost any gizmo in a VPin cabinet can be activated via proper scripting in FP. DOFLinx works as quasi a "handshake" tool between the two items, FP and the controller board. This is really a huge step forward, especially for cabinet users.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:55 am 

You say great job,I can not wait to try it..
My cab is not here :x ;)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:21 pm 

Returnee wrote:
to George: Yes, exactly. DOFLinx works as a connection between FP and controllers like LEDWiz oder PinLED, for example. Thus, almost any gizmo in a VPin cabinet can be activated via proper scripting in FP. DOFLinx works as quasi a "handshake" tool between the two items, FP and the controller board. This is really a huge step forward, especially for cabinet users.

Cool. I just posted a modified version of the Gladiators table that has a version in LEDWiz. It is nice to know that it is not obsolete.

George

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:39 pm 

I still use the Led-Wiz tables as well. No reason to get rid of them, or the older Led-Wiz support for those tables.

DOFLinx doesn't interfere with them while running in the background....unless you have it set to activate while that table is running (and you have default actions setup in your DOFLinx.ini file). Then it will "take turns" with the Led-Wiz commands in the table.

I just have my LED-Wiz tables setup as their own "custom / other" system in Pinball X that will close DOFLinx when running FP, and then re-open DOFLinx when returning to PBX. There are other ways to do this, but this works for me.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 am 

This table is now on pinsimdb:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... ss_edition)(doflinx)

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release