Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:01 pm 

I can confirm the answer above, disabling Arcade mode makes it work, and personally it doesn't break my pinball cabinet. Some minor camera fixing might be necessary but nothing more than that.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm 

Slam will be updating BTTF and a fix for cabinet mode is afoot!

https://youtu.be/7_WCb34mlro

And the most exciting new, Blade Runner should be out soon as well. I am super excited about that!

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:11 pm 

Foxer wrote:
I can confirm the answer above, disabling Arcade mode makes it work, and personally it doesn't break my pinball cabinet. Some minor camera fixing might be necessary but nothing more than that.

If you are using a second screen on a cabinet... you MUST have Arcade Mode enabled if you have FP's Backglass enabled!

You may think it's running ok with it disabled, but its not. Certain timers, videos and other functions on some tables WILL run too fast. This will be crucial if you ever run something like PinEvent or DOFLinx tables.

Make sure Arcade mode is enabled!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:48 am 

Question for TerryRed and others:

I have problem with Indy 1.06 table from Russel's site.
I can not load it. All what I have it is few seconds of sound and blocking on loading screen with message gettin readu to play.

Is these some special settings fot tis table?
Do I need some additional software to run it?

I tried next solutions:

1. W7 x64 updated
2. Installed latest Visual c++ 2015-2019
3. Used latest bam version 1.5.290.

My conf:
w7 x64 sp1
dual core processor E5500
radeon hd 6700 series

Tried different rendering settings, did not help.
Tried on laptop with w10 x64 non integreted gpraphic, i5 processor.
Tried with fresh installation of w7 did not help. Ihis I tied on other computer with radeon hd 5670, processor core 2 duo e8300.

Tries desktop and aracade mode, same result - not working.

Tried to put in same folder zbroing fpl, indy 1.06 and zbroling.vbs. Not helped.
Tried to put in separated folders, like your guide fram May said. I made libraries folder and scripts in folder future pinball where is fp installed, did not help.

Tested with compatibility xp sp3 and without compatibility. For fploader I must use compatibility because nothing is happening if ithis option is unchecked.

Problem is that all other tables from Slatm is working except this.
I am afraid that in future I will have same problem with ofther new tables.

I already contacted Slam and he said to uncheck load tables option in fp editor, but that is always unchecked, that is first thing which I do after fp installation.

Can someone confim that Indy 1.06 works on w7 64?

If answer is yes, i will need model of graphic card. Maybe is my old graphic card problem, maybe I need nvidia for this.

I am running out of ideas, i tried everything what I new.

I tried also cfg and reality.dat files from terryred page for bam, but without success.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:40 am 

it is not a real problem,(win 7 64,is ok) but the more complex a table, the more it takes resources, and therefore a super pc.....

I have win 7 64,a quad core 9550 and an n-videa gt 220, and 6gb of ram, and I have some problems
your resources are scarcer than mine, therefore, you have the answer.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:43 pm 

Step 12 of my FP guide has ideas on how to reduce resources:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:44 pm 

Wild, can you run indy on your comp?

I had cnance to see that table on Nvidia 1050 or 1060, ryzen 5 3700x.

That comp has win 10 x64. I noticed one new thing after loading screen which I never sow on w7. After future pinball loading screen there is new loading screen with I think, shadow maps. Maybe Slam changed something in his code.

Nvidia 1050 has shader 6.4 and my Radeon 6790 shader 5.0. Maybe graphic card is problem, maybe processor, I am not sure what. If graphic card is problem I would like to know what is min spec (what function I need, opengl, shader or whatever), and if processor is problem I would like name of missing instruction.

I know that my comp is out of date, but I do not know whati is min spec.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:37 pm 

skolomir wrote:
Wild, can you run indy on your comp?

yes, but I have some slowdown problems, this is due to the "New renderer" active in Bam, do you know what it is?

I disable it, and I can play,even if I have to wait a couple of minutes to load the table, "slam" uses a lot of video clips, (too many frames) and this makes loading more difficult

I seem to understand that you have the block of FP, when loading the shadow maps,right?

you put this file in Fp,texture manager
https://www.sendspace.com/file/mcvfwr

are the shadow maps, in TGA, I don't understand the reason why "slam" insists on not using this method, it avoids loading in FP.

remember if "slam" releases another version with a different name, you have to rename the file, with the same name as the table, or it won't work

however my advice is maybe you should have a more powerful video card (at least more powerful than mine, (a GTX for example), and more ram, maybe with a dual core you can play it

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:00 pm 

@Wild

New Renderer renders all lighting on a per-pixel basis. That is great for newer cpu and video card, but very hard on fps for lower end PCs. This is normal, but sadly there is nothing you can do to change that.

For shadowmaps:

- the TGA file used for shadowmaps can be any name you want. It doesnt have to match the table to work. I renamed the TGA file for all my PinEvent table updates to "Shadowmaps-shadows". the table names have changed many times and it still owrks fine. The TGA can be used for many thing by Rav...so he adds code into that so BAM knows it s a shadowmap file...doesn't matter what name you use.

He can always disable the shadowmaps in the table script so they don't get used at all. That may help him with performance.

SLAM is still not up to speed on how to integrate the shadowmaps and some other features.

As wild says..... you probably need a better PC all around. No way to avoid that.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:42 pm 

New problem, Indy works now, but I do not know why.
Just kidding, I found reason why it did not work.

Thanks all people who tried to help me.

Specialy thanks to GeorgeH, his step 12 solved the problem. I did not put render model to high. I thought that comp wiil use less resousces if I put all to minimum. With model rendering low and medium table is not loading, problem like before, so, high model rendering is solution for me.

At least I know that I do not need visual c++ 2005, I unisntalled it. Now for bam I am using only visual c++ 2015-2019 like terryred suggested.

I thought that shader model from graphic card has something with shadows in bam, but shader model 5.0 which is supported by my hd radeon 6790 is still enough good for playing future pinball.

At my friend with nvidia 1050 or 1060 with w10 there was no visuall c++ 2005 and 2015-2019, only something between 2018-2019. Maybe missing of latest visual c++ was reason why he had another loading screen with shadow procents, after loading table. Also, maybe reason of another loading screen was w10 itself.

On my comp with w7 after loading table I can see game room and all is freezrd for few seconds (2, 3 end even 10, all depend frrom settings for rendering options) with grey background. During grey background, I suppose that future pinball/bam is loading shadows, but only without showing procent number of loading.

Loading time on my comp with w7 and ssd is 1.15 (one minute and 15 seconds). Loading time at friends comp with w10 and nvidia graphic card is faster, maybe 50 procents then on my comp, but full loading time on his comp is not still 10 or 15 seconds, even his comp has value about 1100 euros. I used stopwatch to measure loading time on my comp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release