Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Posts: 175
You should release it!!

I'm sure Slam's busy with other tables and i tjhink he even said he wasn't gonna tinker with DSA for now.

He's always open to his tables being modded so long as they don't go to VPX.

I say do it!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
djlunchbox wrote:
You should release it!!


this can not be released, at least from me, and I think also Gimli, because all the animation, does not have a script to be able to insert it, this is neither our task to decide how and where to start the animation happen, from must be decided by Slam, because "this" table it's his.

djlunchbox wrote:
He's always open to his tables being modded so long as they don't go to VPX.!!

I say do it!


on this particular situation, I must disagree, because if permission is requested, I do not see the problem, I asked permission to Kiwi, for farafalla, he was very kind and agreed .....

now if I put this line "MOD UNAUTHORIZED WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR" in my tables, and in my publications, it is precisely for the reason, because (this is my personal comment) many people tend to modify tables made by others without asking permission.....

now, I could understand if that author is no longer active in the forum, but if an author is active, well it seems right to ask first .. no?

I do not want to offend you or criticize you, you were editing a "butterfly" table of mine, but I,am active here ... now,the simple fact that you didn't answer me, I think you gave up, but with this act....you know what you made me understand: Is it easier to modify tables without asking permission? that asking,instead?....I do not think so, I would have given you permission, but first I want to see what you want to change,e because ... I repeat I am active in the forum,I think it's right to do so.


Last edited by wild on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2855
Location: Ontario, Canada
I believe there is a misunderstanding Paolo.

DJ thought I released the table and was reporting a bug to be fixed.
He didn't want to modify the table and he was asking me because he thought I released the table.

I offered to have a look at the bug, but I should have deferred immediately to you to answer
I am sorry.
I haven't looked at or fixed the bug, but I believe I would have reported my findings to you.

SLAMT1LT previously had a paragraph on his site stating all his tables were free to modify EXCEPT for conversion to VP / VPX. (example Jaws was converted to VPX)

So I believe we would be free to implement and release the Death Star Assualt feature into Death Star Assault.

However I haven't played the table enough to learn all the modes and missions and features. So even though the scripting itself is easy, I think it would be best for SLAM to implement as he would know how to smoothly embed this feature into the game narrative.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
Gimli wrote:
I believe there is a misunderstanding Paolo.

DJ thought I released the table and was reporting a bug to be fixed.
He didn't want to modify the table and he was asking me because he thought I released the table.

I offered to have a look at the bug, but I should have deferred immediately to you to answer
I am sorry.
I haven't looked at or fixed the bug, but I believe I would have reported my findings to you.


a misunderstanding ....you say....mmmm, I think I understood correctly :D


Yes....Bob....I realized(but after) that DJ, had understood that you had released the table, but believe me this is not the problem, and I am neither angry nor offended,I hope you and DJ believe this I say.

but,here Hey Gimli did you lock the lighting elements in your Farfalla release? I noticed I made changes but when I relaunched the table they got reset. Is it somewhere down deep in the script? lol


does not talk about of bugs, but says that it has modified or changes something (I think it concerns the lights) but that it didn't work because it thinks there is a kind of block(alwas in the light in the script......does not talk about bugs...but of changes and blockages.......that I still don't understand what it is

now I asked him what I would like to change, but he didn't answer me

even if you had answered him, I have no problems, believe me Bob, but it is the fact of the modification, which forced me to intervene.....make a change to a table of mine without my being involved, I don't like it very much, if we talk about a bug, (but I don't think so) then it's another matter


I spent more time with the test, than everything else, if there is a bug, (a big bug) I would have noticed......but nobody is perfect,even this "roataguile" guy (suspicious for me) I don't know in which language you speak, he says "apresenta vários outros erros" but I say which errors? that if he can't even open the table, because he doesn't have Bam updated.


Gimli wrote:
SLAMT1LT previously had a paragraph on his site stating all his tables were free to modify EXCEPT for conversion to VP / VPX. (example Jaws was converted to VPX)

So I believe we would be free to implement and release the Death Star Assualt feature into Death Star Assault.

However I haven't played the table enough to learn all the modes and missions and features. So even though the scripting itself is easy, I think it would be best for SLAM to implement as he would know how to smoothly embed this feature into the game narrative.


ok, even if he said that they can be modified, it is not as simple as it seems, I don't know the table very well, but I noticed that there is a sequence with holograms that also displays the black death that is destroyed,(I didn't understand how and when) having two similar things, I don't think is optimal for the table, even if ours is much better.....so who can decide whether to keep holograms or toys ... if not the author himself?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2855
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
but,here Hey Gimli did you lock the lighting elements in your Farfalla release? I noticed I made changes but when I relaunched the table they got reset. Is it somewhere down deep in the script? lol


does not talk about of bugs, but says that it has modified or changes something (I think it concerns the lights) but that it didn't work because it thinks there is a kind of block(alwas in the light in the script......does not talk about bugs...but of changes and blockages.......that I still don't understand what it is


Ah , I see what you mean
I think DJ is a tweaker like me and adjusts all tables (lighting etc..) for his own personal use for his Cabinet and not as a "mod"...it is a compliment that he is playing your table if he tweaking it for his own system ?

With all the new BAM features and especially shadows and lighting etc...there are sooo many cosmetic adjustments that each user can make to tables to suit there own preferences.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
Gimli wrote:
Ah , I see what you mean
I think DJ is a tweaker like me and adjusts all tables (lighting etc..) for his own personal use for his Cabinet and not as a "mod"...it is a compliment that he is playing your table if he tweaking it for his own system ?

With all the new BAM features and especially shadows and lighting etc...there are sooo many cosmetic adjustments that each user can make to tables to suit there own preferences.


I understand, obviously for personal use, everything is allowed, once a person downloads a table, in his hands he can do what he wants ...... but this does not justify the fact that a person can say it and show it to everyone, its changes, for my tables I'd like to be involved, if you do it in secret, well then ... what you don't know didn't hurt you, but if a person does it openly ... it would be nice to be involved.....

then, of course, I also like the improvements that Bam offers, but not everyone can benefit from it, including me, my PC won't let me, in fact in butterfly, I preferred not to use "new renderer"....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Posts: 175
Hello guys.

Sorry I've been busy with work so i did not get a chance to return to the forums.

Wild yes I was not reporting a bug nor was I modding the table.

I like to make lighting adjustments that are allowed in the BAM menu for my tables to my preferred presets that are based on a combination of Slam and terry red's suggestions

Dark Night'.
'diffuse' to 0.335,
'Specular' to 1.100
'Ambient' to 0.075.

Main light positions:
x -0
y-900
z-1550

Post Process

Src Gamma 1.00

I like these settings as I prefer darker tables for my cabinet.

My query was did you lock the light parameters in the script somewhere because when I closed then relaunched the table, the lighting changes did not save as I had input them. That is all.

Also lighting changes aren't mod's as they're done through the BAM menu so if I change mine to my personal preference them show them and say what parameters I use so someone else can use the settings as well that should be ok and not necessarily need the table authors permission. If someone has a very fast PC then they should be able to take advantage of all the BAM features and be shown how to use them.

I use new render and all the lighting adjustments on all my tables and show all the new people to Future Pinball how to use them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
djlunchbox wrote:
My query was did you lock the light parameters in the script somewhere because when I closed then relaunched the table, the lighting changes did not save as I had input them.


ok ...it is not easy to change....and it's not a block how you mean, .. a code in the script takes precedence, of the "cfg" file .... so if I enter these codes, any changes you make in the "light" section of bam, it won't work, even if you save in "cfg" ...

if you want to make other settings, and use the "new renderer" you should change or better replace the xBAM.Lights only this remember it,there are other lights, you don't have to touch them if you don't want to receive errors..... in these two codes.....SetLightsDay() and SetLightsNight()

now proceed like this,(maybe you know it or not, but I'll tell you the same)
make your changes, as is obvious in "light" section of bam.....ctrl+c,so copy what you've
changed....
exit the table, go in the script, go directly to the bottom of the 4800 script line......ctrl+v,so paste the one you copied, here is the code generated by bam, with your modifications.....take the codes,xBAM.Lights and replace them in my two "SUB".....

but be careful, these mine two "SUB", it is my system, to make the table light and dark, or better day and night, if you only want to play at night, with the new renderer active, then you have to eliminate my two "SUB", and where I put them, but still be careful inside these "SUB", there are other lights, (rainbow) if you delete them, you will not have the effect that I created, and maybe you will receive an error ..... it is ALL CLEAR?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm
Posts: 175
ok see now what you mean.

I used to have this code in the script of some of my tables

' custom light settings
xBAM.Lights.EnableNewRenderer = TRUE
xBAM.Lights.MainLightLock = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightPosition 0, 900, 1550
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties 1, 0.335, 1.1, 0.075
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightAttenuation 1, 0, 0
xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation 0.066, 0, 0.333
xBAM.Lights.EnablePostprocessing = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessing 1, 0, 1, 1
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessingForNewRenderer 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.2


So i'll look for what youre referring to and change the parameters and modify


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
djlunchbox wrote:
I use new render and all the lighting adjustments on all my tables and show all the new people to Future Pinball how to use them.

' custom light settings
xBAM.Lights.EnableNewRenderer = TRUE
xBAM.Lights.MainLightLock = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightPosition 0, 900, 1550
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightProperties 1, 0.335, 1.1, 0.075
xBAM.Lights.SetMainLightAttenuation 1, 0, 0
xBAM.Lights.SetOtherLightsAttenuation 0.066, 0, 0.333
xBAM.Lights.EnablePostprocessing = FALSE
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessing 1, 0, 1, 1
xBAM.Lights.SetPostprocessingForNewRenderer 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.2



we can't all use the "NewRenderer",unfortunately...and it is not yclept that these are your best settings


djlunchbox wrote:
So i'll look for what youre referring to and change the parameters and modify


it won't be easy, if you have problems tell me,now.... I am curious what effect your changes have.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: