Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:00 pm 

A quote before line 2774 and it seems like it works !!!

A big thank you George and also thank you to the genius of Wales :o :o (beautiful table Russell ;) )

Bil

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:10 pm 

I just got word from Ravarcade. He says there is no bug. (TerryRed is right.) Rav says to add this line to the subroutine "BAM_Init".

SetLightsParamsInBAM()

He also says to delete this line in the script (which is line 2774):

nvScore(CP) = DisplayScore

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:55 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I just got word from Ravarcade. He says there is no bug. (TerryRed is right.) Rav says to add this line to the subroutine "BAM_Init".

SetLightsParamsInBAM()

He also says to delete this line in the script (which is line 2774):

nvScore(CP) = DisplayScore

I passed this on to SLAM.

Can I use "(TerryRed is right.)" with my wife... she never believes me. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:04 am 

Sure you can tell Bez that but she probably won't believe me.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:32 pm 

I have to say that this version of the Addams Family is the most fun of all the versions I have tried. I changed a few other things that I think make the table play better. I kept having trouble with the left ramp so I used the ball roller and manual camera and discovered the ball jumps up quite a bit when entering the ramp. I added a short section of ramp that is no longer than the ornamental ramp plate at the entrance. I set the new ramp to 0 mm at the entrance and max height of 5 mm. It improves things a lot.

I don't know why but Slam didn't add dynamic flipper code to the upper right flipper. I think it needs it. I added it just below the left flipper prehit subroutine. This is what I am using:

Code:
   Dim omegaCorrection3

const MaxOmega2  = 45  ' Omega at base of flipper.  Must be > MinOmega. Default = 45
   const MinOmega2  = 36  ' Omega at tip of flipper. Must be < MaxOmega. Default = 36

Sub Flipper2_prehit()
   If BAM_VERSION < 233 then Exit Sub
   OnPreHitFlipperSettings(Flipper2Ext)
   omegaCorrection3 = MaxOmega2 - (Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega2 - MinOmega2)/1.2))
   If Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint < 0.0 then Flipper2Ext.Omega = MaxOmega2
   If Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint > 1.2 then Flipper2Ext.Omega = MinOmega2
   If (Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint =< 1.2) then
      Flipper2Ext.Omega = omegaCorrection3
   End if
End Sub

To my thinking, the back portion of the table in not lit well enough so I added 3 nanoflashers at a height of 100 mm and added the flasher names to the "GI" light list.

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:41 pm 

Wasn't there Another Release pending regarding a Halloween Topic?
Cheers guys

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:44 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I have to say that this version of the Addams Family is the most fun of all the versions I have tried. I changed a few other things that I think make the table play better. I kept having trouble with the left ramp so I used the ball roller and manual camera and discovered the ball jumps up quite a bit when entering the ramp. I added a short section of ramp that is no longer than the ornamental ramp plate at the entrance. I set the new ramp to 0 mm at the entrance and max height of 5 mm. It improves things a lot.

I don't know why but Slam didn't add dynamic flipper code to the upper right flipper. I think it needs it. I added it just below the left flipper prehit subroutine. This is what I am using:

Code:
   Dim omegaCorrection3

const MaxOmega2  = 45  ' Omega at base of flipper.  Must be > MinOmega. Default = 45
   const MinOmega2  = 36  ' Omega at tip of flipper. Must be < MaxOmega. Default = 36

Sub Flipper2_prehit()
   omegaCorrection3 = MaxOmega2 - (Flipper2Ext.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega2 - MinOmega2)/1.2))
   End if
End Sub

To my thinking, the back portion of the table in not lit well enough so I added 3 nanoflashers at a height of 100 mm and added the flasher names to the "GI" light list.

George

In addition to the above, I found a timer named, "ReturnToKicker" in the script that I think should be renamed in the script as "ReturnToKick".

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:

Code:
   Dim omegaCorrection3

Sub Flipper2_prehit()
   End if
End Sub

George

In addition to the above, I found a timer named, "ReturnToKicker" in the script that I think should be renamed in the script as "ReturnToKick".

George

Hey George, did you tell Slam? If Slam doesn't update the table any further or with your changes, I would be interested in your version if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:40 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.03) (TerryRed mod V3)

So I dug in a added all the “options” I’ve been rambling on about. Some of these are mainly beneficial to VR and cabinet users (and PuP in the future), but the lighting options are now there for anyone who prefers to change them for their preference as well (to work best with their TV / Monitor settings).

Changelog:

'** TerryRed updates V3

'- added option to disable HUD DMD and HUD Videos (for cabinet / VR users)
'- added option to disable the BAM Camera Control prompt (for cabinet / VR users)
'- added option to disable Lightsaber flasher effect (for seisure sensitive / VR users)
'- added option to change colour of Defense Bonus Lights to match lightsaber colour
'- added option to adjust brightness of flashers
'- added option to adjust brightness playfield inserts and some other lights
'- added option to adjust brightness of white lightsaber blades
'- adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect
'- lights: lightsaber hilt,kickback insert, and outerlane left bulbs now change colour to match the lightsaber colour change
'- added some voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
'- added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start
'- slightly adjusted angle / size / position of ligthsaber holograms for a better view of the glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)

Cabinet and VR users are used to going to the top of the table script to set custom options like below, so this is the standard for this kind of thing. It’s much easier than trying to add them all over the script, or by adding them in the game (and using game buttons to change them). Most users will set these, and once they are happy, never go back to them again.

'*************** USER PREFERENCES (added by TerryRed) **************

'PLEASE NOTE: the following is a requirement for some of the new BAM Lighting settings to take effect!

' - the table needs a BAM cfg file created first (located in BAM\CFG folder). This occurs when the table loads and exits for the first time.
' - so try loading the table at least once, then exit. Then after that, ALL the settings below should work.
' - the table's cfg file MUST match the table filename!
' - so if you rename the filename of the table, you MUST load and exit the table to create a new cfg! (or rename the old cfg file to match the new table name)

useDMD_Hud = True

'set to True if you want to display the DMD HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

useFP_Videos_HUD = True

'set to True if you want to display the Videos HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

useCameraControl = True

'set to True if you want the prompt to allow BAM camera control (for multi-ball modes). Set to False if you are playing on a cabinet or in VR

PFLights_Brightness_GI_OFF = 2.0

'set brightness of ONLY playfield light inserts and some bulbs when GI is off (SLAMT1LT default is 1.4)

PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON = 1.2

'set brightness of ONLY playfield light inserts and some bulbs when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.0)

useColourRebelBonusLights = True

'set to True if you want to have the Rebel Bonus Light Inserts match the colour of the Light Saber (default is False)

Flashers_Brightness_GI_OFF = 1.4

'set brightness of flashers when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.4)

Flashers_Brightness_GI_ON = 1.0

'set brightness of flashers when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.0)

BulbLSLExt.Brightness = 6.0

'set brightness of left lightsaber blade's white center (best to keep this very bright)

BulbLSRExt.Brightness = 6.0

'set brightness of right lightsaber blade's white center (best to keep this very bright)

use_LightSaberFlasherEffect = True

'set tor True to enable the Lightsaber flasher flickering effect (default is True). Set to False when playing in VR (its hard on the eyes, and can distort visuals)

use_SLAM_BAM_LightPresets = True

'set to True to use SLAMT1LT's BAM Global Light and Post Processing settings when the table loads

' Note: use_SLAM_BAM_LightPresets overrides any user settings for Global Lighting and Post Processing set in the BAM in-game menu (for this table only)

' Set to False if you want to use your own BAM Global Light and Post Processing settings

'*************** END OF USER PREFERENCES *************

Here’s a new link for just this V3 of the table mod:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SKyYG ... -lgjQmJWXv

That's probably where I’m leaving it for now (until DOF SSF PuP in the future).

Make sure you copy the files to the correct locations:

----------------

These 3 files need to be named the same in order to work with each other (remember that if you rename the table filename)

"Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).fpt" table file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder

"Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).zip" file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder. (this is just for nicer ball texture)

"Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).cfg" goes into FuturePinball\BAM\CFG (this is optional for correct POV for cabinets)

----------------

ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs goes into FuturePinball\Scripts (for Ball rolling sound functions)

BAM.dll goes into your FuturePinball\BAM folder (this is beta 1.4-259 which is required for the table until a new version comes out)

Amazing work Terry!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:19 pm 

Runner wrote:
Hey George, did you tell Slam? If Slam doesn't update the table any further or with your changes, I would be interested in your version if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

I sent the changes to him. Hopefully he will incorporate them.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release