Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm 

All this cab stuff is pretty pointless to the majority which are desktop players (99,9% of people), it's a niche product at best. Led, Dof-whatever scripts and stuff I remove from table scripts
as they only slow down tables and don't belong imho, why build a box with two LCD's when it's basically just a PC in a box, you either go for a real pinball machine or you play with your LCD
rotated 90 degrees at best, everything else is just bonkers in my book. And VLC is a garbage player, use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) if you want the real deal. Nah. What we need, is more tables, not weird stuff no one uses anyway except maybe one guy (no offense, lol). Just my 5c

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 pm 

gibsmedat wrote:
All this cab stuff is pretty pointless to the majority which are desktop players (99,9% of people), it's a niche product at best. Led, Dof-whatever scripts and stuff I remove from table scripts
as they only slow down tables and don't belong imho, why build a box with two LCD's when it's basically just a PC in a box, you either go for a real pinball machine or you play with your LCD
rotated 90 degrees at best, everything else is just bonkers in my book. And VLC is a garbage player, use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) if you want the real deal. Nah. What we need, is more tables, not weird stuff no one uses anyway except maybe one guy (no offense, lol). Just my 5c

Oh Gibs....always full of uplifting pleasant responses as always...

Let me make something clear...most people who create things for FP and Visual Pinball (for cabinets and desktop) do so because they enjoy doing it for themselves... not because the "majority" requested it. This isn't some kind of "service" and they sure don't owe anything to you or anyone else. When I see responses like yours..it's no surprise that people like SLAMT1LT don't want to be active in the community.

Are cabinets a niche thing...yes...so what? There are 1000's of people around the world who have virtual pinball cabinets and love it. Zen Studios added cabinet support to Pinball FX2 and FX3. There are many 100's of people who download the cabinet table mods I do for FP (and 1000's for Visual Pinball), and give nothing but praise. Yet here you are.... "oh, all this new development for FP doesn't benefit me, and I don't like it, therefor it's pointless." Like really....come on man.

I personally will prefer playing on a cabinet (with all the tricked out feedback and lighting) to a desktop any day. That being said.... I love FP in VR combined with my cabinet's feedback.

Who cares if its VLC or MPC-HC (I actually prefer MPC). VLC works perfect as shown in the video. This isn't a HTPC.

You say that DOFLinx in FP slows things down for desktop users? I call BS on that, and if you are honestly removing DOFLinx code from tables you are wasting your time. (If you are talking about Visual Pinball, then you may have some merit to that argument )

Do we need more tables? Hell yes we do. So why not take all that energy that you put into complaining all the time, and put it into creating your own tables? At least put your money where your mouth is. I personally am learning way more about how to create tables (in FP and VPX) everytime I do a DOFLinx mod, or a PinUP Player mod.

The reality is...there are only a small number of people (smoke, SLAMT1LT, and more) that are releasing high quality tables on a regular basis. So seeing new things (DOFLinx and PuP) developed for FP is a GOOD thing.

Out of all the people who comment on my cabinet table mods uploaded (both SLAM and Rom praised what I have done with their tables)... I would say you gibs and one other person are the only complainers I have seen. (both saying that cabinets are dumb, and this doesn't benefit me). I would say that you are in the minority. Am I offended?...no just really annoyed.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm 

In an other hand, it's a little bit difficult to optimize FP for regular use AND for BAM AND with or without specific physic AND...
But I like it (FP).

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:12 pm 

Gibs,

Are you taking your meds? I remember you got like this when you stopped taking them once before.

I prefer MPC-HC also. In fact, I use the K-Lite Codec Pack and MPC-HC comes bundled with it. An advantage of VLC is it has most of the codecs built into it which might be why it may have been selected and there is a portable version.

I started modding tables because I like to do it and everyone seems to appreciate it. You should try it. Just plow into it and learn as you go. When you get it so you like the way it plays yourself, then post it.

I hear Popotte though. I think we should just discontinue creating versions that don't use BAM. The tables that use BAM's special features are always better than the specially created versions that don't use BAM. The people that complain can just install BAM. I don't get why people don't want to install it.

George

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:47 pm 

I completely agree George and Popotte. BAM is the ONLY update that FP really gets (DOFLinx and PuP are add-ons), and I think its long past the point where it should be considered an option... it should now be assumed as a mandatory update. Even Chris (Black) thought that BAM was really cool.

I don't understand why people don't want to install BAM either. My guess is that most people who don't want it... think it's only needed for Head Tracking or it's for cabinet users. BAM has so much more to offer and lots of potential...and I hope that SLAM does release his new and updated tables that take advantage of BAM. He wants more people to get into this hobby... learning from the experts is the quickest way.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:47 am 

Yeah whatever, that's my personal opinion. And a happy new year to you too lol.
I am just a realist, nothing wrong with that. Sadly people tend to not be able to see clearly as everyone has his own viewpoint, I simply try to see things from a neutral observatory point, and that's most people tend to download & play tables without owning a self-made command deck made of lazers and stuff. Sure is nice to have one, but come on, who can afford or build one, not the majority.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, I am annoyed that it's basically over, that's all. Without a second francisco there won't be anything to look out for me. People like him are the make-or-break guys who make things happen, Slam mastered most of his stuff before doing his own tables. I find myself prepping up some classics is basically all that's left for me to do in FP. Sure making all kinds of modifications is a nice niche thing but it doesn't drive FP forward, you know.

As a bipolar person, having heavy moodswings is pretty normal to me. So far, I'm good.
I'm just a bit annoyed at the whole situation. That's all 8-) Just ignore my ramblings

I promise I'll -try- not to post anything at all if I'm grumpy, but sometimes I forget to do so.
It's not easy.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:51 pm 

It seemed like you got better when you took your meds.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm 

:x There are other "side effects". I re-read my initial post and realized why people might think it's offensive, but I can assure you it was not meant that way so let's ignore it happened. Next time I'll simply delete my posts, bleh. Just.... move on with the topic will you.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 am 

Anyone know what is going on with Russell? He doesn't post anything to his site anymore and it looks like he has abandoned it.

George

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 pm 

Hm? I posted something there a few weeks ago, I think. Checking....

Update: He's still there apparently and still working at Highway(?). So no tables from him, which in turn makes me tick off this whole topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release