Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:04 pm 

miownkhan wrote:
Quote:
the time circuit area at the back of the cab does not display (it's just black).

The clock starts showing the times and date as you hit targets

Thanks, but there are no clocks, not even the grey surround in Cab mode. The entire area is black. Apparently it's a limitation within FP itself. I am now using a mod that had recreated the clock area using another technique that is cab friendly.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:33 am 

Apparently the FP 2.7.exe download now includes the xml file...

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 am 

RustyCardores wrote:
miownkhan wrote:
Quote:
the time circuit area at the back of the cab does not display (it's just black).

The clock starts showing the times and date as you hit targets

Thanks, but there are no clocks, not even the grey surround in Cab mode. The entire area is black. Apparently it's a limitation within FP itself. I am now using a mod that had recreated the clock area using another technique that is cab friendly.

I have the same isssue. Just black in the back.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 am 

Anyone have problems with KISS? It start but it quickly goes into tilt

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
marxkemp wrote:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/?en_physics,62 tells us how to extract the xml from the 2.7 executable
This is what I got: http://pastebin.com/ug9TmjyP

The content of the XML that you posted is identical to the XML that I created by the process I described in my previous posting. ...So what you got is good.

George

I downloaded Slam's 2.7 executable which now includes the xml file as a Word document. What he posted is slightly different from what we both calculated. I heard on good authority that the differences are significant. Here is what Slam posted:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<document>

<!-- Physics processing -->
  <!-- Note. Changing the FPS will effect how how all the other values interact with each other and should
  be a high value due to the fact the ball in a pinball is moving very fast and lower values will cause the ball
  to go into objects fractionally (thus we must sample at a higher rate)

threaded (true/false) defines if the physics runs in a separate thread for multicore CPU's (dev version only)
  -->
  <physics fps="296" threaded="0"></physics>

<!-- Settings for various objects -->
  <ball mass="35" gravity="5200.0" damping="0.66"></ball>

<!-- moeMethod="0" Auto-calculate the moments of Inertia for the flipper using internal Newton functions -->
  <!-- moeMethod="1" Calculate the Flipper MOE based on a rectangle (changes aiming behaivour) -->
  <!-- Note: omega is rotational force -->
  <flipper mass="15000.0" omega="50.0" moeMethod="0"
           leftXoff="0" leftYoff="1500" leftZoff="0"
           rightXoff="0" rightYoff="1500" rightZoff="0"></flipper>

<!-- impluse            The amount of power applied to the ball (normal setting)..
                          this is then scalled up or down to suit the strength setting
       impulseRandomness  Random Percentage (of impulse) added to impulse when the ball hits the object
       vectorRandomness   Random Angle change +/- value to ball direction
  -->
  <bumper    impulse="85.0" impulseRandomness="0" vectorRandomness="6"></bumper>
  <autoplunger mass="25000.0" force="60000.0"></autoplunger>
  <diverter    mass="10000.0" omega="33.0"></diverter>
  <gate    mass="2.0" gravity="4500.0" damping="0.25"></gate>
  <kicker    impulse="950.0" vukImpulse="1500.0" impulseRandomness="4" vectorRandomness="1"></kicker>
  <plunger    mass="20000.0" force="45000.0"></plunger>
  <slingshot    impulse="600.0" impulseRandomness="20" vectorRandomness="5"></slingshot>
  <spindisk    mass="10000.0" angularDamp="0.33" linearDamp="0.25"></spindisk>

<!--
  <spinner    mass="100000.0" gravity="100000" angularDamp="0.5" angularAccel="5.25"
              spinDampLoose="0.22" spinBackLoose="1.8"
              spinDampNorm="0.325" spinBackNorm="2.7"
              spinDampTight="0.575" spinBackTight="3.2"></spinner>
  -->
  <spinner    mass="45.0" gravity="100.0" angularDamp="0.5" angularAccel="5.0"
              spinDampLoose="0.325" spinBackLoose="2.850"
              spinDampNorm="0.575"  spinBackNorm="3.250"
              spinDampTight="0.750" spinBackTight="3.500"></spinner>
  <emkicker    mass="99999.0" omega="80.0"></emkicker>
  <varitarget mass="100.0" damping="0.5" tension="3.0" return="15.0"></varitarget>
  <magnet    impulse="10.0" impulseRandomness="2"></magnet>

<!-- Nugde Settings -->
  <nudge impulse="120.0" impulseRandomness="25.0" warningLevel="180" leftAngle="65" upAngle="0.0" rightAngle="295"
         vectorRandomness="4" visualDistance="2" waitPeriod="300" maxBallVelocity="1000.0"></nudge>

<!-- Materials Settings -->

<!-- Static coefficient
       - - - - - - - - - -
       Static friction is the force that holds back a stationary object up to the point that it
       just starts moving. Thus, the static coefficient of friction concerns the force restricting
       the movement of an object that is stationary on a relatively smooth, hard surface.

Kinetic coefficient
       - - - - - - - - - -
       Once you overcome static friction, kinetic friction is the force holding back regular motion.
       This, kinetic fiction coefficient of friction concerns the force restricting the movement of
       an object that is sliding on a relatively smooth, hard surface.

Both coefficients are based on material pairs (ie wood on wood, metal on wood) etc..

In FP all the settings are for Ball on Wood/Plastic/Rubber/Metal etc..

and from the Newton docs..
       staticFriction and kineticFriction must be positive values. kineticFriction must be lower or equal than
       staticFriction. It is recommended that staticFriction and kineticFriction be set to a value
       lower or equal to 1.0, however because some syntetic materials can have higher than one coeficient
       of friction Newton allows for the coeficient of friction to be as high as 2.0.

For more information refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction
  -->

<!-- Default Materal Settings to act as defaults incase we forget to set an object during development. 
       There shouldn't be any objects set to this material so these are just a fail safe values -->
  <defaultMat softnessCoef="0.02" elasticCoef="0.1" staticFriction="0.02" kineticFriction="0.02"></defaultMat>

<!-- Material Settings for surfaces marked as playfields -->
  <playfieldMat    softnessCoef="0.03" elasticCoef="0.1" staticFriction="0.01" kineticFriction="0.01"></playfieldMat>

<!-- Primary Material Types -->
  <metalMat       softnessCoef="0.01" elasticCoef="0.20" staticFriction="0.02" kineticFriction="0.02"></metalMat>
  <plasticMat    softnessCoef="0.02" elasticCoef="0.30" staticFriction="0.05" kineticFriction="0.04"></plasticMat>
  <woodMat       softnessCoef="0.03" elasticCoef="0.35" staticFriction="0.07" kineticFriction="0.06"></woodMat>
  <rubberHardMat    softnessCoef="0.10" elasticCoef="0.65" staticFriction="0.20" kineticFriction="0.15"></rubberHardMat>
  <rubberIntMat    softnessCoef="0.15" elasticCoef="0.70" staticFriction="0.25" kineticFriction="0.20"></rubberIntMat>
  <rubberSoftMat    softnessCoef="0.20" elasticCoef="0.75" staticFriction="0.30" kineticFriction="0.25"></rubberSoftMat>

<!-- Object Specific Material Settings -->
  <gateMat       softnessCoef="0.03" elasticCoef="0.60" staticFriction="0.00001" kineticFriction="0.00001"></gateMat>
  <kickerMat       softnessCoef="0.01" elasticCoef="0.05" staticFriction="0.80" kineticFriction="0.80"></kickerMat>
  <rampMat       softnessCoef="0.01" elasticCoef="0.01" staticFriction="0.01" kineticFriction="0.01"></rampMat>
  <plungerMat    softnessCoef="0.04" elasticCoef="0.40" staticFriction="0.02" kineticFriction="0.02"></plungerMat>
  <spindiskMat    softnessCoef="0.05" elasticCoef="0.50" staticFriction="1.50" kineticFriction="2.00"></spindiskMat>

</document>

Last edited by GeorgeH on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm 

RustyCardores wrote:

Quote:
I have the same isssue. Just black in the back.

Here is the mod that i'm using with the Time Clock working in cabinet mode... http://pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-7432- ... the_future

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 pm 

Cool Thanks for the link. I will try it out

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 pm 

umpa wrote:
Anyone have problems with KISS? It start but it quickly goes into tilt

KISS has two modes and you switch between them with the Special 1 key (it may be Special 2 key).... one of these modes (I think "Legend") will boo you off stage if you're not good enough. Switch out of this mode to the other and it will work fine.

Sorry I can't be exact re keys & modes, but I am working from memory here.

Last edited by RustyCardores on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 pm 

Ok. Thank you I will give it a shot

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 pm 

Just an fyi I got the to many objects error when adding ff with 2.7 so went back to 2.5 and will just use the xml file for the 2.7 games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 57  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release