Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Cup Soccer by Smoke and Rom
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:11 pm 

at the end of the final match the table is waiting to drain all ball.
Maybe a ball was stuck somewhere

after TOTAN I will try to see if I can make a fallback.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:20 pm 

when the final match ended do you lead the match or loose ?
did you get the overtime ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:51 pm 

Smoke is right. You could have had a stuck ball somewhere. It is possible the ball can be stuck somewhere you can't see. If that is the case, press F10 to go to wire frame view, then press F11 so you can pan around with the mouse, and use "W" , "S" , "A" and "D" for moving around the table to see if you can find the lost ball. The wire frame mode allows you to see through objects so that you will be able to see the wire framed version of the ball through objects. If you find a stuck ball somewhere, it might be easier to fix than trying to change the script.

George

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:14 pm 

Hey friends,
Didnt manage to reach the final match again yet. Couldnt test the cheat code.
@smoke: I lost the match. Not sure about the overtime, but I dont think so. I doubt that the ball got stuck. Had the same bug 2 times when I played the final match vs Germany. Never had any ball stuck beside that. I pushed the table in all directions until the t1lt. And then nothing happened, No new ball, just a blank dmd.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:21 pm 

There probably is a cheat to start the game at the final match...and then add a debug cheat Keycode that you press when the error happens

Code:
if Keycode = 47 then  ' v on keyboard
AddDebugText "balls on table= " & ballsonplayfield

Load table from editor pressing F9

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:36 pm 

blindpeser wrote:
Hey friends,
Didnt manage to reach the final match again yet. Couldnt test the cheat code.
@smoke: I lost the match. Not sure about the overtime, but I dont think so. I doubt that the ball got stuck. Had the same bug 2 times when I played the final match vs Germany. Never had any ball stuck beside that. I pushed the table in all directions until the t1lt. And then nothing happened, No new ball, just a blank dmd.

ok i will look at it when a have some free time.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:40 pm 

@ Gimli: Dont have any debug experience. Have no idea how to cheat into the final match and have no idea how to use the code you mentioned in debug mode. At least I was able to start the table in debug mode with f9. :D

@ smoke: Sounds great! Btw, is a night version playfield planned? Would be awesome I think. ;)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:19 pm 

check http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/tabl ... cup_soccer
for 1.31 version (waiting validation from webmaster)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:59 pm 

Thanks Smoke !

Quote:
@ Gimli: Dont have any debug experience. Have no idea how to cheat into the final match and have no idea how to use the code you mentioned in debug mode. At least I was able to start the table in debug mode with f9. :D

For anyone interested for future ref, here is a blurb on "debug" code from a hacker an not a really skilled coder :D

I use debug a lot , even though I only know and use a couple debug commands.

Debug instructions don't seem to impact table play at all and are only noticiable when loading a table with F9

Some future pinball.exe mods have debug mode permanently disabled. Like FP2.5R2.exe

Code:
if keycode = 48 then                          ' which is "B" on keyboard
AddDebugText "In between quotes put anything you want" & paramter/flag
End if

With the above code put any description you want in between quotes , then an "&" sign , followed by the thing(s) you want to track.

There are so many table events that are being temporarily stored during game play,
and the current states of these are coded as conditions for other events. So if there is a bug and something is going wrong..it sometimes is hard to tell what.

With a debug text assigned to a keycode, during debug mode, you can press the assigned key at anytime during gameplay to see the status of any code events or flags.

the number of balls currently on table, is typically monitored using the flag "ballsonplayfield"

So when multiball mode is active ballsonplayfield will be > 1 and otherwise ballsonplayfield = 1.

When a ball hits the drain then ballsonplayfield will be subtracted, and if no more balls are on playfield, obviously ballonplayfield will = 0

At this point the code will go typically to "EndofBallComplete() and if this is the last ball
will go to "EndofGame()"

So, in the case of missing or lost ball or a table that is limbo, a number of things could be happening. and knowing "ballsonplayfield" will help

1.Lost/Stuck ball : still on table or flew off table onto floor. Never entered drain, so table is limbo. As far as FP knows "ballsonplayfield" still = 1

2.If ballsonplayfield for some reason is -1 ( it means the subtracting math code screwed up somewhere) when the ball hit the drain.

3.If ballsonplayfield = 0 and the table isn't responding, then there is a coding problem
with respect to the next ball.

so to use debug text to enqurire about the current number of ballsonplayfield can be quite helpful....if ballsonplayfield >0 then likely you have a lost or stuck ball and not a coding problem. Sometimes in multiball if too many balls drain at once, the math can get screwed up do to timing issues and the table will still have ballsonplayfield > 0 even though all balls have drained

Here are some examples:

Code:
if keycode = 48 then                          ' which is "B" on keyboard
AddDebugText "How many balls =" & ballsonplayfield
AddDebugText "Total Games Played?" &nvTotalGamesPlayed
AddDebugText "Is Light1 on? " & light1.state
AddDebugText "Extra Balls Won =" & ExtraBallsAwards(currentplayer)

End if

You can track so many table event "flags" and parameters using Debug coding

These event "flags" are either created by the table designer in the script, or represent the status of table objects (like lights and timers and walls that are collidable or not etc..), or integral "flags" prewritten into the FP programs ( these start with "nv" and are stored in the "nvram")

1. table author defined "flags" are typically declared by "DIM" statements at the top of the script
Code:
Dim PlayersPlayingGame      ' number of players playing the current game
Dim CurrentPlayer            ' current player (1-4) playing the game
Dim BonusPoints(4)         ' Bonus Points for the current player
Dim BonusMultiplier(4)      ' Bonus Multiplier for the current player
Dim BallsRemaining(4)      ' Balls remaining to play (inclusive) for each player
Dim ExtraBallsAwards(4)      ' number of EB's out-standing (for each player)

' Define Game Control Variables
Dim LastSwitchHit            ' Id of last switch hit
Dim BallsOnPlayfield         ' number of balls on playfield (multiball exclusive)
Dim BallsInLock            ' number of balls in multi-ball lock

' Define Game Flags
Dim bFreePlay               ' Either in Free Play or Handling Credits
Dim bOnTheFirstBall         ' First Ball (player one). Used for Adding New Players
Dim bBallInPlungerLane      ' is there a ball in the plunger lane
Dim bBallSaverActive         ' is the ball saver active
Dim bMultiBallMode         ' multiball mode active ?
Dim bEnteringAHighScore      ' player is entering their name into the high score table

2. Light states, Timer conditions, Collidable state of walls amongst other things are also "flags" that FP tracks

3.nvRAM parameters are stored between games and can also be called up with debug text
    <Integer> nvBallsPerGame

The variable contains the number of balls per game which the script should use. This value is set in the Table Information Dialog (link).

Only values between 1 and 9 are accepted.

<Integer> nvCredits

The variable contains the number of credits the machine has. The script should increment this everytime a coin is inserted and decremented each time a game is started.

Only values between 1 and 99 are accepted.

<Integer> nvScore1 - nvScore4

These variables contains the current scores for Player 1 though to Player 4. (as pinballs generally support up to 4 players)

<Integer> nvScore( <Integer> CurrentPlayer )

This variable contains the players current score (basically uses nvScore1 to nvScore4 based on the specified index)

CurrentPlayer is the index of the players score (1 - 4) which you wish to use.

<Integer> nvSpecialScore1 - nvSpecialScore4

These variables contains the current special scores for Player 1 though to Player 4. (as pinballs generally support up to 4 players). If your table design doesn't require a special score then you can ignore these variable.

<Integer> nvSpecialScore( <Integer> CurrentPlayer )

This variable contains the players special score (basically uses nvSpecialScore1 to nvSpecialScore4 based on the specified index)

CurrentPlayer is the index of the players score (1 - 4) which you wish to use.

<Integer> nvHighScore1 - nvHighScore4

These variables contains the score which make up the High Score Table.

<String> nvHighScore1Name - nvHighScore4Name

These variables contains the names (or initials) which make up the High Score Table. These names can only be 3 letters in length. If you try to set these variables to a blank string (or a string which has a length less than 3) then they will padded out with a '.' (period) character.

<Integer> nvHighScore( <Integer> Index )

This variable allow you to retrieve the high score value for the specified index. This value should be between 1 and 10.

<String> nvHighScoreName( <Integer> Index)

This variable allow you to retrieve the high score name for the specified index. This value should be between 1 and 10.

<Integer> nvSpecialHighScore

These contains the Special high Score value.

<String> nvSpecialHighScoreName

This contains the name (initial) which make up the Special High Score. This name can only be 3 letters in length. If you try to set this to a blank string (or a string which has a length less than 3) then they will padded out with a '.' (period) character.

<String> nvSpecialHighScoreTitle (READ ONLY)

Contains the Title String defined in the Special Score Title Field in the Table Information Dialog.

This can be used for any displays which you want to display the Special High Score.

<String> nvSpecialHighScoreText (READ ONLY)

Hope it helps somewhat,
Cheers

Last edited by Gimli on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am 

smoke wrote:
check http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/tabl ... cup_soccer
for 1.31 version (waiting validation from webmaster)

Done ;)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release