Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:17 am 

Gimli wrote:
I have done 4 things recently for my own amusement that werent used (revolving trex, BB8 ball , Retracting Lightsaber blades, Star Trek space battle)

ahhh, here's why you didn't answer me right away, you can rest assured, I've already had a positive response from Slam

Gimli wrote:
what do you have in mind ?

actually ... I had something simple in mind, since doing the movements with FP takes a long time, but looking at what you do, and what Slam learned, and then he put a lot of videos.....small premise..... the lightsabers that they hit, is your idea? so I asked myself,that to do the movements with Bam, it became very easy (even if I still have to understand how it works)....

as suggested by Terry, who told me that there is a death star, in a stern pinball, so I went to look, nice this table, I didn't know it existed, the death star, and positioned at the corner, as suggested by terry, but it has something special, there is a ramp, then, it opens ...and play of lights....ect ect....

but we will not do this, there is no space on the Slam table, I thought of positioning it on the corner, question, with MP, can you only make toys move or even an object like flash?

so this death star, turns around itself, sometimes stops at different angles, and flashes sometimes, now if I can create a sliding guide on the ramp, right, which starts from the plugen, they position the X-wing, on this guide, and at each completion of the three "drop-targets"the X-wing will advance along this guide, I have 10 advances in mind, in the end the X-wing just arrives at the death star, shoot on death star...and we'll see some explosion

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 am 

wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:
I have done 4 things recently for my own amusement that werent used (revolving trex, BB8 ball , Retracting Lightsaber blades, Star Trek space battle)

ahhh, here's why you didn't answer me right away, you can rest assured, I've already had a positive response from Slam

Gimli wrote:
what do you have in mind ?

actually ... I had something simple in mind, since doing the movements with FP takes a long time, but looking at what you do, and what Slam learned, and then he put a lot of videos.....small premise..... the lightsabers that they hit, is your idea? so I asked myself,that to do the movements with Bam, it became very easy (even if I still have to understand how it works)....

as suggested by Terry, who told me that there is a death star, in a stern pinball, so I went to look, nice this table, I didn't know it existed, the death star, and positioned at the corner, as suggested by terry, but it has something special, there is a ramp, then, it opens ...and play of lights....ect ect....

but we will not do this, there is no space on the Slam table, I thought of positioning it on the corner, question, with MP, can you only make toys move or even an object like flash?

so this death star, turns around itself, sometimes stops at different angles, and flashes sometimes, now if I can create a sliding guide on the ramp, right, which starts from the plugen, they position the X-wing, on this guide, and at each completion of the three "drop-targets"the X-wing will advance along this guide, I have 10 advances in mind, in the end the X-wing just arrives at the death star, shoot on death star...and we'll see some explosion

ok if you place the models at there starting points on the table will animate them....

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 am 

Gimli wrote:
ok if you place the models at there starting points on the table will animate them...

ok, but I need to know if you can animate the death star ... as a "bulb" object ... or just a toy?

now here, the DS, changes color, but I'm not very convinced, maybe only the change of the colored texture would be better?I have perhaps only one dark-white light.....

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:09 pm 

Gimli wrote:
wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Nice work Terry thanks!

Hey..Bob...you saw my question?

next step the animations .... using fp ... and I already have in mind what to do .... but if Bob agrees and can do it, he could do it with bam .... mini-play,what you say?

Of course what do you have in mind ?
Have in mind that Slam may not use it, although for DSA it does make sense to have a death star :)

So we have to remember we are offering creative prototypes that may or may not be useful but hopefully serve some purpose

I believe the Star Trek space battle as promoted by Terry inspired Slam to learn Mìniplayfield animations , so that was great!

Yes, as an example... SLAM probably won't be adding my V3 updates as part of his table....but down the line many of those updates are what he would be adding himself anyway.

So when trying new ideas that are more than script based...keep in mind that it may not make it onto SLAM's table or someones les's update,etc. It's a bit tricky to get things worked out as everyone likes their own thing. I'm more in line to having updates as "options", so then they can at least be disabled is someone doesn't like it.

SLAM is also busy trying to get as many tables out as well, and doesn't want to keep tinkering with one table. He's got ST TNG and the Halloween themed tables rolling out!

Myself, I still need to figure out creating mini-playfields,etc... but I also have other projects I need to get out the door. Jaws Ultimate Pro - PuP-Pack was held off releasing because the new plug-in made by Rav and Nailbuster allow for PuP, DOF, and maybe SSF to be used without needing Doflinx, so that makes it MUCH easier for you guys to use a pup-pack with FP...but the table needs to be updated for that....and also now I can make use of PUP for the scoring now to replace the DMd with a MUCH better score display (in a separate pup window).

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:49 pm 

wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:
ok if you place the models at there starting points on the table will animate them...

ok, but I need to know if you can animate the death star ... as a "bulb" object ... or just a toy?

now here, the DS, changes color, but I'm not very convinced, maybe only the change of the colored texture would be better?I have perhaps only one dark-white light.....

I believe instead of making it a bulb, you can use bam Set texture code and swap textures on the model when ever you wish...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 pm 

ok, in response to terry, I said that I received a positive response from Slam,or I...don't do any of this. then, but are only 2 models, nothing complicated. eventually no problem if Slam, add it or not.

I don't like to put my nose into the tables of others,I never do it (except for Goldrake). I just noticed that a death star, and x-wing, could be part of the table, for the context of the table.that's all.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:13 pm 

There is a chance he will use it but only if he really really likes the result. He has very particular ideas of what he is looking for in a pinball game.

It may be a lot of work for just you and me Paolo....but sometimes the process can be worth it and we can learn some new stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:37 pm 

SLAM is totally cool with anyone modding his tables, and sharing those mods. He's particular about what he wants, and is always changing things. Him including my Lightsaber mod was a rare thing.

I usually wait until SLAM is mostly done with a table for a long while before adding DOF, PuP, SSF to it, as it can be a lot of work to add that to another update of his tables.

I'm like Gimli, I like to tinker with this kind of stuff just to learn. It all benefits you in the end. I plan to do a Silent Hill and Babylon 5 table someday...and waiting longer has benefited me because of the game-changing features of BAM.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:51 pm 

Guess we gotta wait at least a month or so now for ST TNG..... :(

I blame it on the distraction from adding Lightsabers. ;)

I know what it's like to get so close to finishing something...then the timing for something new comes up to take you away from it.

So NOES is next!

I really hope he gets time to be able to get the new Halloween and Scared Stiff out as well this month. The music alone on those tables is worth it!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:19 pm 

Can't wait for Slam's halloween drops.

The release schedule looks amazing.

Terry i've set your lighting parameters as my default and have been slowly changing it for other tables. Such a big improvement.

Recently did it for CSI and wow just beautiful.

Also did it to the recently released Metallica MOD by Nitronimbus and wow. He added Slam's lighting parameters in script so i was perplexed everytime I launched it wouldn't save haha

Your lighting settings for EM tables makes them look super amazing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 541 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release