Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon 1.6 (Revised Version)
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:29 pm 

Returnee wrote:
I am really thankful for this updated version. CftbL is really a classic I cherish a lot. I am probably one of the few who even liked the "crappy" sound recordings. I always thought it had to be like that for reasons of "nostalgia" ... Seemingly, I was mistaken ...

I'm glad you like it. The sounds I used came from ones that are used on a real world Bally pinball table. The sounds were single channel mono and I created a simulated stereo version from it so the mono version that I provided would be more authentic. I'm not sure but I think the sounds on the original version of the table came from the ROM that were pretty bad. One of the guys on the forum compared the ROM version to the old table and that is what he thought. I believe the ROM sounds were used because there was nothing else available at the time. ...But if you like the old sounds, the old libraries still work on the new version. You do need to use the new "criatura_fuentes.fpl" library which contains some new fonts used on the scores to make them a little smaller so a high score fits on the DMD. The "criatura_fuentes.fpl" library has no sounds in it, it only has fonts.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 am 

No no, I like the "newer" sound way better. I just always thought it was meant to be as it was. Had some original ring to it in that half-way cryptic / distorted sound.
I think it is time I upgraded my cab again a little and invest some more time into it. We just had recently some rather bad luck in my family and time-wise it was way more difficult than before. There is a silver lining at the horizon though and I am positive I will find my way into the hobby again.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 pm 

I'm working on a revision that Gimli created. The change fixes multiplayer and adds a few other things. I have been sick and am finally getting back into it.

I just added a new posting on the Pinsimbd home page that I hope will create some interest. It already has some comments posted on it.

George

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:44 am 

Well I prefer the 'original' music, so tastes always differ. The gnarly voices need a fix one day (maybe If I can be bothered to exchange the old voices with the new ones, but so far I'm good 8-) )

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I'm working on a revision that Gimli created. The change fixes multiplayer and adds a few other things.
George

I am having a blast playing it!

I am hoping the menu system will be a revelation to people of the potential we have with FP and BAM :)

It allows options for desktop, cab and VR modes, as well as game play configs , on the fly changes, save and restore of games etc.

And all selected options are saved until changed or FP Ram is cleared...

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm 

Gimli wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
I'm working on a revision that Gimli created. The change fixes multiplayer and adds a few other things.
George

I am having a blast playing it!

I am hoping the menu system will be a revelation to people of the potential we have with FP and BAM :)

It allows options for desktop, cab and VR modes, as well as game play configs , on the fly changes, save and restore of games etc.

And all selected options are saved until changed or FP Ram is cleared...

Yep,

It should be released before Christmas, maybe later this week. I am currently creating all the other versions from the one table that Gimli created. The night version is a little special this time. Instead of darkening the playfield only, I am darkening all the objects in the room and the back board too.

George

Post subject: Re: Creature from the Black Lagoon 2.0 (Revised Version)
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:06 pm 

I have posted Version 2.0 on Pinsimdb.org. I have updated the first message on this topic of the forum with the information for Version 2.0. I'll post another message when it becomes available on Pinsimdb.org.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:06 pm 

Thanks for all your work George !!
Let's hope it works for most people.....

Merry Christmas !

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:36 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Thanks for all your work George !!
Let's hope it works for most people.....

Merry Christmas !

Thanks although this is mostly your version. I probably did more testing than anything.

I think everyone will be able to get it to work. The notes explain everything and the file size of the table is not nearly as big as many tables that have been published. I just hope everyone likes it.

Merry Christmas to you also!

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:11 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I have posted Version 2.0 on Pinsimdb.org. I have updated the first message on this topic of the forum with the information for Version 2.0. I'll post another message when it becomes available on Pinsimdb.org.

George

Avalaible on PinSimDB...

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release