Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Tron Legacy (Stern)(Ultimate): DOFLinx MX. Addressable Leds!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:47 pm 

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The Grid's most awesome addressable leds make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration of this table can be seen here in my cabinet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQDIs9pNxI&t=

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
– 5 RGB flashers
– Blower Fan
– Shaker
– Gear motor
– Strobe
– Beacon
– Start button
– Coin button
– Launch Ball button
– RGB Undercab Lighting
– Addressable Leds

Table will be available on pinsimdb when approved.

Post subject: Re: Tron Legacy (Stern)(Ultimate): DOFLinx MX. Addressable L
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 pm 

You have created a beautiful edition of this table! Nicely done. I can see why you wanted addressable leds. The effect makes all the effects come together nicely.

By the way, you seem to be getting a bit better at playing from a distance. At least, the last ball wasn't bad.

George

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
You have created a beautiful edition of this table! Nicely done. I can see why you wanted addressable leds. The effect makes all the effects come together nicely.

By the way, you seem to be getting a bit better at playing from a distance. At least, the last ball wasn't bad.

George

Thanks.

I honestly do play better when I'm at the cabinet. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

I do not have adressable LED and totally lack the experience or knowledge to pull sth off like that in my cab. But I have to say, this puts the word "Lightshow" to shame :) You are really a genius, Terry. This takes a table to a whole new level - even though I can only marvel by way of taking a look at your vids...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 pm 

Returnee wrote:
I do not have adressable LED and totally lack the experience or knowledge to pull sth off like that in my cab. But I have to say, this puts the word "Lightshow" to shame :) You are really a genius, Terry. This takes a table to a whole new level - even though I can only marvel by way of taking a look at your vids...

Thanks. It really is unique, and I love what can be done with them.

I also updated the DOF MX leds for Visual Pinball using what I could from the FP mod, but because its rom based, I can only create effects from activated switches, triggers,etc.

As a result the VPX version looks cool, but no where near as cool as what I can do with FP (or a VP original).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 am 

Terry, is there a significant difference between the MX table and the DOFLinx one you released a while back? I don't have adressable LED and also no room on my cab for an eventual update, so I am wondering whether it might be worth getting you newer version. Or are the flashers basically the same?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:16 pm 

Returnee wrote:
Terry, is there a significant difference between the MX table and the DOFLinx one you released a while back? I don't have adressable LED and also no room on my cab for an eventual update, so I am wondering whether it might be worth getting you newer version. Or are the flashers basically the same?

If you don't have addressable leds, then the "MX" version will be no different for you. Keep in mind if you do get a FP table that is "DOFLinx MX", then you will need DOFLinx 5.20+ to use it, even if you don't have addressable leds.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:42 pm 

Thanks Terry. And yes, I already updated to 5.2. Works like a charm. Thanks again for your consequent work on the updates. Any spoilers as to what your next mod for FP might be like?
Your lightshows are truly amazing. Gives a major bling factor to FP, which is the only system I am running on my rig.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:59 pm 

I've been between doing a few DOF MX updates for some VP tables, and also beta testing DOFLinx allowing keys and buttons to be used to trigger DOF MX leds for other programs. So MAME and PC Games can get "key / button" controlled DOF MX effects. Simple compared to the FP stuff....but really cool.

I'm pretty much adding DOF MX to my previous FP mods for now....but at some point I do want to do DOFLinx MX for Transformers VIP, LOTR (Ultimate), BTTF (SLAMT1LT Ultimate), and T2 (Skynet).

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release