Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Join the squad.
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:00 pm 

I'm sure Steve won't mind me posting this here.

We need more help.
Currently the squad consists of: (Please edit Steve if I've forgot anyone)
Steve : Toys and Table creation
GLXB : Scripting
Sepeteus : Scripting
Moogster66 : Resource gathering
Nash : Original music
H1pp1e : Scripting
IAMMRBONGO : Art and music
me-mike: scripting

At the rate Steve is getting through these tables we are gonna need more of you to sign up. Then when a table is started by Steve he can pick from the squad and ask them to help. If he is too busy then its on to the next.

BENEFIT:
As a squad member you get access to a private folder with the current wip tables to test. (Nash let me know if you want access)
Appologies if I've forgot anyone on the list.

GLXB

Last edited by Glxb on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Join the squad.
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:05 pm 

Oh yeah we need a pool of testers as well ;)

GLXB

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 pm 

I totaly support that and wish that members from other forums, will start to see what a true gem FP is and hop in the bandWagon. I know a lot of person think FP have a bad press for X reasons so here is a little push in our direction...

Debunk for newcomers

1. FP is not limited in 3d objects (haven't we succeeded to show it yet?);

2. The ball doesn't fly everywhere...Unless the table maker skipped the lesson about FP physics tips and tricks;

3.There is no need to create 39 versions of the same table to fits every display possibilities of the engine. You have Real 3D out of the box;

4. Fp run on MOST of todays PC. Well...if you still use Comodore 64 it's your fault;

5. FP is not just Eye candy. *NEWSFLASH* Yes you can really hit targets! see animation status and progress on an advanced DMD system! Aim for a ramp if you want to and experience really fun 3D toys;

6. FP use a really friendly VBScript coding language. I you can switch a light on/off, you can learn it with the well integrated baby steps documentations. Most of us never read a line of code before;

7. It doesn't support ROMs :oops: ... Which we think stimulate your creativity to do better, differently.

What is in a ROM really? an embeded Ruleset? an audio samples Pack? some prebaked animation sequences? a Behavior manager for specials toys? and you can't do any of these in FP? Come on...If it's doable in real life, you can make it with FP and YOUR OWN WAY.

8. This community is really dedicated to the growth of FP so you can always ask another members for help or tips. and also easily learn howto's by either deconstructing tables or request tutorials.

And at last, We don't say other engine suck, we just keep it for ourselves. :D

See! we don't bite...not that much anyway..So yes! Join the Squad and send us your availability to help work on any upcoming table...Let's build all these dream tables Damnit!!

Happy FPing!

Steve

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:40 pm 

I am willing to join your group. Hopefully I can offer you some level VB scripting skills and definitely willingness for testing tables. There is one possible limitation. That is my skill to speak and/or write fluent English. In goes quite well, out comes poorly. But I am willing to try and I have time.

In any case if GLXB can first look through my scripting in the SAMURAI table and evaluate my skills in that area. Then he can post me, if I am suitable for your group. I don't mind if you say no.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:08 pm 

Sepeteus wrote:
I am willing to join your group. Hopefully I can offer you some level VB scripting skills and definitely willingness for testing tables. There is one possible limitation. That is my skill to speak and/or write fluent English. In goes quite well, out comes poorly. But I am willing to try and I have time.

In any case if GLXB can first look through my scripting in the SAMURAI table and evaluate my skills in that area. Then he can post me, if I am suitable for your group. I don't mind if you say no.

Welcome
If you understand enough to get a table working then thats a good start.
I knew nothing about scripting until I started my Family Guy, so TDK was the first table to be finished and released with my scripting. So I'm no real judge of skill (Steve still teaches me a lot)
I'm sure Steve may have a table for you to have a go at soon. ;)
I will check out your samurai table at some point though.
GLXB

EDIT: BTW this is not a case of us letting you in or not. We just want a list of people who can be called upon when needed.
Will edit first post now and include your name.
I checked out your table. Nice work some script is not needed though (Checking each time for tilt for example) But what I saw was very well laid out and made a lot of sense.(More than most of mine)

Last edited by Glxb on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:31 pm 

...And me teaching scripting to anyone is like the blind leading the blind so... :D

Sepeteus Glad to have you on board. Whatever you can vring to this community will be consider a plus and really appreciated.

Don't mind the language barrier as well. There is Google Translate for that.

Steve

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm 

Thanks to you. Then I am in your group, and ready to make scripts and testing.

GLXB you are right. I just read the help-manual and learn new!

If the Table is tilted, the game engine will not trigger automatic _Hit() event for rubbers and bumpers. But the remaining components (triggers, targets and so on) should (perhaps) be checked. There is also unnecessary check in my AddScore subroutine. It also slows down the script processing. Right?

Thanks! You have the experience.

I have already corrected the errors into my script. There was also two other minor bugs in my script. That I have also corrected for the next version.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:42 am 

Sepeteus wrote:
Thanks to you. Then I am in your group, and ready to make scripts and testing.

GLXB you are right. I just read the help-manual and learn new!

If the Table is tilted, the game engine will not trigger automatic _Hit() event for rubbers and bumpers. But the remaining components (triggers, targets and so on) should (perhaps) be checked. There is also unnecessary check in my AddScore subroutine. It also slows down the script processing. Right?

Thanks! You have the experience.

I have already corrected the errors into my script. There was also two other minor bugs in my script. That I have also corrected for the next version.

I would be nowhere without that help manual. :lol:

The tilted check is done in the addscore sub routine, so you shouldn't need to check everytime you want to addscore.

Welcome aboard.

GLXB

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm 

Good luck Sepeteus! Are you already working on something?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:59 pm 

Sepeteus is now part of the PINBOT Team. :D yeah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion