Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tables you would like to see in FP.
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:46 am 

Gimli wrote:
You may say FP is dead and it is true, ... But even on this sluggish site, last December hit an all time hi for visits (190 at once) and the BAM vr thread has had 25,000 Views

The public interest is there, but not the table builders. I think Pinball in general has gotten renewed interest lately.

I tried to do some basic things in the Editor, but it's pretty cumbersome: "Do you really want to replace..." Yes, why else would I click "replace"! Assets moving around if you don't lock them, textures getting blurry when wrongly formatted/not power of two, jpg & bmp suffering from aliasing, etc.

Last edited by gibsmedat on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:47 am 

Ok then. So...is the "I will not reverse engineer FP" crap pledge in the installation still valid or or due to all these circumstances...someone can magically release a new Editor full of goodies based on it?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:14 pm 

I don't know... at some point I thought reverse-engineering the thing would only be a matter of time, but I'm not into hacking. Not my area of expertise nor do I want to have anything to do with it either. Tools like "Resource Hacker" are the most I'd ever use (in fact, all the changes I made to my "modded" exe are made with it. No magic.

Last edited by gibsmedat on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:32 pm 

I don't think any pledges re:FP are in place at this point

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:53 pm 

I just tested nolo vr with samsung gear and BAM vr and it works Flawlessly !

FP in vr is definitely a cool thing !!

Adding positional tracking and controllers to Samsung VR Gear, takes it up a notch

Frankenstein IS ALIVE Steve !!!
The action2 room I created looks awesome !

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:24 pm 

I think the problem just got hit on the nail. It's been what, at least 10 years now that we have even seen a new version of FP (not including the time removal release) and FP is showing it's age that it's to the point that soon, we may not even be able to use it if technology changes, or even want to as other programs become more advanced and up to date. We all see the improvement in Video games over the last decade, and then use a program that is badly out of date, and stuck there forever. The only way we will be able to make the changes, and start improving FP itself, is to have the source code, and that just won't happen, let alone find someone who knows how to work with it.
It's really at the point where we have to make our own choices about what to do, about what each and everyone wants to do for himself, and not as a community. It saddens me, things like BAM are incredible, and it's such a shame that we will not ever see what BAM could have been if we had the source code, as opposed to what it is now.
It really boils down to one thing, and one thing only, when VP started to have similar problems, and the community there wanted to develop it further. Randy did, Chris did not. Simple as that

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:22 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Frankenstein IS ALIVE Steve !!!
The action2 room I created looks awesome !

Hehe, you sure are amongst the torchbearers in this place. Bless you! :)

By the way...I know there hasn't been a post in a while, but speaking of an updated editor:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4186

Rafal, are you still working on this or has it been abandoned?
It does look very promising...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 pm 

I did not understand what it is,the thread conductor,In the last, your discussions.....

But in my opinion....let me tell you,please... the problem is not FP, or Mr Chris did not make any further FP update,or he not have released the source code,or the advancement of technology, or powerful or not powerful PCs,or FP is dead or not.....or TPA....all excuses.

But for me it is, that all the peaple have lost the will or the desire to make tables in this community,And it does not go on, so on......If it were not for some news, I'm talking about Bam...But what remains to be discussed in this site? of nothing,and nobody.....

We remained four cats, to make tables, and even not among us we care about who does tables, not even to say, hey but what kind of table you are doing, friend......So where is the interest to go, on this site

But most of all, the people have lost interest, even in following the threads.And you want to know why???

Because there is no more francisco666, rom, slam,or another big to make tables. This is all.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 pm 

You totally cheered me up Wild! I will reinstall my Photoshop 6 to see how great I had fun with it fifteen years ago! Hell..who need all those updates with newer program..they are just bling and disturb us all from what they once were...

If anyone understand the analogy...Explain it to wild ;)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 pm 

Aren't normal maps and importing of 3d animated models more recent software than photoshop 6 ?

I know nothing about these things but I thought that would allow FP to keep up at least a little.....

Technical challenges like zipper fliippers, magnets, pendulums and miniplayfields have been solved....
Saving games and net play are also possible

It's really just that tedious labour of love called table building that has stalled...

Also, most people may not realize BAM is no longer just an enhancer or respirator to FP , it's becoming a transfusion for FP....Rav can code into FP now....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion