Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Future Pinball table authors, past & present....please read!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:34 pm 

First, let me just say that I am a big fan of all of the work from all the very talented Future Pinball table authors!

I'm still fairly new to the virtual pinball community, but I have built my own custom pinball cabinet with Future Pinball initially in mind, that you can see here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6083

As many of you know, if you wanted to have feedback and controlled lighting on a pinball cabinet for Future Pinball, the only option was to use an Led-Wiz with GLXB, rooter, macro, and other's excellent support. I have all of the Led-Wiz enabled tables and they are great! However, if you had other hardware / controllers in your pinball cabinet such as Sainsmart USB, Pinscape, PACLED64, you wouldn't be able to make use of the feedback and controlled lighting and toys that these tables offer.

Today that changes! There is a new, more "universal" option!

DOFLinx! A powerful utility for cabinet owners to make the most of force feedback and lighting.

I have been beta testing a new program by DDH69 that has just been released called DOFLinx, that now allows DOF (Direct Output Framework) support for almost all modern pinball cabinet toys and lighting for Future Pinball!

One difference with this program is that it allows use of most of the newer modern cabinet toys such as:

-blower fan
-beacon,
-FIRE button
-strobes
-start - launch - coin ,and all the main buttons
-RGB buttons
-shaker,
-gear motor
-knocker,
-RGB undercab lighting,
-5 RGB flashers with flash, pulse and dimming
-10 contactors for flippers, bumpers, slingshots,etc
-and others I'm sure I'm forgetting...

However...this is not limited to only Led-Wiz! Now anyone with Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, Pinscape, and PACLED64 can use this in their cabinets with Future Pinball! Not just one either, but multiples of these combined! There are ALOT of people in the VP community that have this hardware already in their cabinets!

The functions of DOFLinx can be easily added into the table without having to change the game's logic or code functions. This also means that when someone adds DOFLinx support to a table, that you don't need to change anything to add in support for new hardware in the future, as DOFLinx takes care of that part! You also don't need to have any of the cabinet toys to use a DOFLinx'd table either. You can just use the table like normal, either way.

A link to the DOFLinx download can be found here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35850

With a much better description of what it is and what it can do (for all programs and games, not just Future Pinball) here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35852

What I'm here to ask all table authors is:

Is it ok for anyone to add in DOFLinx support to any of your FP tables, or other people's mods of your tables and host them on other sites, as well as PinSimDB? We simply want to be able to see DOFLinx'd versions of your tables for all to enjoy wherever they can get them!

We already have a DOFLinx version of the excellent Indy Pinball Adventure table working very nicely in the following link:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35853

DOFLinx is in no way meant to undermine the excellent work that has been done with the current Led-Wiz support, or those tables that support it. We are very thankful for it! We hope those involved with all portions of Led-Wiz support would give their blessing as well!

We simply want to add the option for a more functional, up to date universal cabinet experience for all Future Pinball tables with all cabinet users!

We would eventually like to have a more centralized post / topic / section here that will deal with DOFLinx support, but for now what we have is currently at the above links.

I was hoping this post could be a central place where the table authors / modders could express their feelings and give the yes or no on modding and posting their tables.

Please let us know!

Thank-you.

Also, could the owners of this site and PinSimDB , please message myself or DDH69 about hosting DOFLinx'd tables on PinSimDB, and possibly adding a "DOFLinx" category to the site? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Future Pinball table authors, past & present....please r
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:46 am 

Hi,

On PinsimDB, I've created the tag DOFLinx. So when you update a table, just add this tag and you will be albel to search all DOFLinx compatible table with advanced search.

I'm fine with creating a subforum if needed, like BAM or ZEDPinball.

Post subject: Re: Future Pinball table authors, past & present....please r
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:04 pm 

LvR wrote:
Hi,

On PinsimDB, I've created the tag DOFLinx. So when you update a table, just add this tag and you will be albel to search all DOFLinx compatible table with advanced search.

I'm fine with creating a subforum if needed, like BAM or ZEDPinball.

Thank you very much! This is awesome!

At the moment, DDH69 wants to wait a bit before setting up another sub forum for DOFLinx.

I may start a single post for info and support in the FP add-ons section.

We really wanted to try to get some tables done to put out there, and hopefully I can get some videos up to demo the tables and features! It's working really good so far with what I'm capable of....and I'm a noob at scripting in Future Pinball.

GLXB messaged me back and gave his support for adding DOFLinx mods to his tables. Thank you very much GLXB!

SLAMT1LT also gave us his blessing to DOFLinx mod his original tables / mods of other tables. This includes all the newest tables / mods from his website.

Let's hear from some others out there!

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion