Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A List of the Best Solid State Tables and How I Changed
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:10 pm 

I have just updated the best tables list to add "Space Cadet", "Symphony of the Night" and "Tron Legacy Remix". I also added "Thundercats" to the Honorable Mention List.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am 

Woooow, I did not see this thread. What a job!!! Thanks a lot for the effort, really appreciated.
You haven't listed "truxton" - this is a really great table (multiple missions, boss to defeat,...) based on the classic arcade shooter with the same name.

Ohhh, and a very good multiplayer support ;)
There's also a special button to recover the ball.

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:53 pm 

Since I am retired, I have more time to plow through all the tables. I figure a lot of folks don't have time to try all that many tables but they might try more tables that are recommended. I have been adding to the list and posting a new message when I make an update. I've been making my way through Pinballmaniac2010's 95 GB download of what are supposed to be all FP tables. I have found several tables that I like but haven't made it to "Truxton" yet. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll give it a try.

George

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 am 

There's also nearly all the tables done by Ruckage. They are (for most of them) incredibly creative and well designed:
http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/accu ... xclMedias=

Best is probably "Bubble bobble", "ghost train" (it's a flipper less pinball - you have to master nudges) and the "hungry dead".
Also try "World tour" (a collaboration table), it has an interesting concept.

Good game!

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 pm 

I appreciate the suggestions. I use VP for recreations, but there are many fantastic original tables available only in FP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:06 pm 

I have just updated the best tables list to add the tables: "Conan", "DarkQuest" and "Truxton".

George

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 pm 

I have just updated the best tables list to add the tables: "Emerald Altar". "Home Alone 2" and "Speed Devils". I also added "Day of the Dead", "DragonBall Z", "Elric Of Melnibone", "Elysium", "Force Majeure" and "Future City" to the Honorable Mention List.

George

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:31 pm 

Great list! I have most of these in my cabinet already!

For me, because I have an "extra" display area that was meant for Future Pinball for movies clips and all the extra eye candy, I have to custom edit most of the tables to make that eye candy fit properly,etc...

A good video to show off alot of Future Pinball tables is here in my Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0siU0B9IC0

My cabinet has alot of cool feedback and lighting toys on it that Future Pinball can use because of Led-Wiz, but I have to script all of that in myself. There are some tables that seem to have it already (The Getaway for example).

The reason why alot of people like using Visual Pinball in a cabinet, is because its using the game's original roms...this makes it easy for software like DOF to easily take what is going on in the game and translate that to the lighting and feedback of a cabinet AUTOMATICALLY.... even if someone updates the table or backglass file,etc....

I love SlamT1LT's tables in Future Pinball.... but if I update one of his tables to support Led-Wiz for feedback, and he releases an updated better version.... I have to re-do the script for his newest table. Not very easy....

That being said, Future Pinball is still my favorite. The graphics are much better (especially with BAM), the sound is better, and it has the best original / modified pinball tables.... by far!

Just wish it had a standard for feedback and lighting that was easy to implement...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:50 pm 

I watched your video. I think it indicates you have 52 tables. I'm up to 106 and still going through Pinballmaniac2010's 95 GB download of all FP tables. I found 6 tables on your video that I don't have and will look at them. I can feel your pain on having to revise every table. I use my PC to play tables but rotate my monitor 90 degrees so I can use more of the available space on my screen. It takes editing every table like you say. I had to rely on a friend to fix Medieval Madness for me. I see you did a similar mod that my friend did where you added the counts of smart bombs and the other counts to the fixed display. I think it was only used on the HUD of the original table.

Bam allows you to change the lighting pretty much any way you want. I have found that the "Playfield Color" was nearly always used on the older tables to control the light and dark of the table. I've found that it works best to adjust the "Playfield Color" before you start adjusting the light and dark with BAM.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:16 am 

Oh I have more than 52 Future Pinball tables! I have 169 currently, and they were ALL customized for my cabinet. I also had to capture the media for each table as well. 3 videos per table, each recorded at the same time to sync it all up nicely in Pinball X.

I had those 52 tables in a sub menu of Pinball X, for just for showing off in that video.

BAM is awesome! Absolutely required for a cabinet! It makes the sizing of tables by default MUCH easier, and it makes customizing everything for the table's positions and lighting quick....and you can have different settings for EVERY table!

Everything that you see in the "area" above my DMD was customized to fit / work in there by me. Some of them were just still pictures, others were scores, movies, gadgets, etc... SLAMT1LT's tables required ALOT of layering for the videos and displays to work in that space!.... but it looks cool, and I haven't seen any other cabinet with something like that.

I find that I like to use BAM with "New Renderer", in NIGHT mode for light. Then I adjust the specularity to about 200 (its way too high with New Renderer), and adjust I think ambient light to suit the table and it's lights.

Last edited by TerryRed on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion