Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC cab
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:50 pm 

I asked for a change a long time ago to get ROMs to work on FP but no go. I'm not sure how much it would help now since most of the tables that use ROMs have been built. The FP versions of Cirqus Voltaire and Black Rose could use some help though.

George

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm 

A long time ago I worked on this project, but it unfortunately gave up...
it would solve most of the problems, as DOF support
The vast majority of the table is not completed

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:15 am 

Well how about that...

SLAMT1LT, better known for creating some of the best Future Pinball tables out there (original, recreation, modded, etc) has mentioned my pinball cabinet (saying "this is how his games should be played, etc...") on his website's main page, and linked one of my videos at the bottom where you see the featured videos.

Link to his website is here. Keep in mind that the main page changes all the time, so you may not see "the mention" anymore depending on how long its been. Either way, it's worth checking his page out, as its where you will see the newest versions of his fantastic tables.

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 pm 

Terry,

I thought you would want to know the LedWiz site is back:

http://www.shaunroot.net/pinball/LEDWiz ... anual.html

The only part that you may not have is this:

http://www.shaunroot.net/pinball/LEDWiz ... tions.html

I am curious. I have noticed that LedWiz doesn't seem to be added to new tables very often anymore. Do you set up LedWiz yourself on tables that don't have it?

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:06 pm 

Excellent.... I contacted shaunroot, and he didn't even know it was down! Good to see it back up.

I am still VERY new to the scene, so I haven't had a chance to try adding in Led-Wiz support in a table yet.

However, there is good news on the horizon. The program DOFFX2 has had some big development. I have been helping to beta test it for a while.

Soon it will be able to allow anyone to give DOF (Direct Output Framework) support for Future Pinball tables! Yes, you still have to code that into the tables script just like the current Led-Wiz support....

....but the big difference is this will support newer cabinet toys (beacons, blower fans, etc)....and you aren't just restricted to Led-Wiz anymore! You'l also be able to use Pac-Led64, Pinscape and Sainsmart USB devices as well for Future Pinball! This is DIRECT support, not just using keyboard keys to trigger outputs like DOFFX2 does for PFX2 and other programs. This is huge!

Does that mean addressable led support.... no. (at least not for now)

This is a big deal...though it still means that we need to learn how to add it into the table script...but still awesome news!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:20 am 

To top it all off:

Well, I never really liked the way the strobes and beacon looked on top, just all plain looking. So I decided to make some sort of topper for them that would match the style of the rest of the cabinet. Nothing fancy...but I like it much better than the plain look... and the black & chrome really helps to isolate the strobes from the wall behind and makes their light much more concentrated and bright. Here's some pics:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:11 pm 

Terry,

I'm a little curious why you don't use trilinear texture filtering on FP.

George

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:54 pm 

If you use trilinear texture filtering in FP, it adds VERY long loading times for some tables (especially SLAMT1LT's), with very little benefit. I think it also causes issues with FutureDMD and some tables, by not showing anything except for "fonts" and text with trilinear filtering enabled.

Trilinear Filtering is more beneficial for games like FPS or racing games where you would see polygons with textures being drawn at a distance far out from the player's point of view.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 am 

I noticed that Aliens Legacy is slow to load. On my PC, I timed bilinear texture filtering at about 25 seconds to load the table and trilinear takes about 30 seconds. There is some improvement like you say.

I was wandering if you have tried the Zed FP executable yet. One of the guys tried it not long ago and just had FP crash when he tried to play a table. Miownkhan said he had the same problem and deleted opengl32.dll and QeffectsGL.ini from the Zed 64 bit Future Pinball folder to get it to work on his system that uses an Nvidia card. When I set it up. the only file I used in the Zed download was the "Future Pinball Zed x64 1.1.exe". I renamed this file as "Future Pinball.exe" and replaced my existing "Future Pinball.exe" executable. By doing it this way I never had a problem. Did you have any luck?

George

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:50 am 

Some tables didn't change much with tri-linear, but others definitely did take MUCH longer...like over 1 min at least!

Either, way that setting messes up FutureDMD.

I haven't had a chance to try 64bit Zed yet, no. I've been busy testing DOFlinx.

All my tables are sorted by physics,etc now so I have a "base" to start and compare with. Zed vs 2.5,2.7 version of the same table...with and without Zed 64, etc.

I do remember a long time ago, I probably tried a 64 bit Zed .exe and had crashing, but that was before I knew what I was doing with BAM in the very early days for me.

I will try your method of just the 64 bit renamed exe, as my opengl file MUST be the version I use for Led-Wiz / FutureDMD compatibility.

DOFLinx, doesn't have any of those issues! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion