Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: PinKadia! The Ultimate virtual Pinball / Arcade / PC cab
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:38 pm 

Gimli sums it up nicely.

I'm not sure if 3D can really work well in a vertical layout. I think BAM supports it.

As for FutureDMD.... I meant that you need to replace certain Led-Wiz files (the FutureDMD docs tell you) in order to have Led-Wiz AND FutureDMD work at the same time.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:09 pm 

I use 3d in a vertical layout and it would work perfectly in a cabinet
the amount of 3dness either above playfield or below it , including table slope is infinitely customizable with BAM

I can not overstate how cool it is...it is not just a gimmick...it looks real....

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm 

I posted the LEDWIZ files I had to Pinsimdb as a resource. Hopefully the package will get released soon.

George

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:00 pm 

Gimli wrote:
I use 3d in a vertical layout and it would work perfectly in a cabinet
the amount of 3dness either above playfield or below it , including table slope is infinitely customizable with BAM

I can not overstate how cool it is...it is not just a gimmick...it looks real....

I believe you! LOL!

With BAM specifically, I can totally see that looking way more amazing than normal head tracking, or normal 3D.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:29 pm 

Gimli,

Have you tried Tomasaco's 3D version of "Terminator 2" playfield? I didn't know it had a 3D image in it until I downloaded it. I think it would be worth giving it a try:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5558

I can't try it because I don't have a 3D setup. It is pretty easy to set up. You just import the image into the texture manager and then you just select the image in the "Playfield Image" in the pull down menu of the right pane of the FP editor. Tomasaco's are images are definitely high def but none of the ones I have tried have any shading although it would still be interesting to try the 3D.

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:35 am 

Ok
Not sure that is the same, everything already is 3d on my system....

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 am 

Visual Pinball Addressable LED Matrix Gameplay Videos!

Well, after a few distractions: my middle screen dying, creating a new bezel, getting VPX running in exclusive fullscreen issues, etc....

They are finally here! I said a while back I would get around to showing some videos of VP gameplay and effects from addressable leds through DOF....so here they are!

Unlike the rolling effects while browsing in Pinball X, these are different things that occur from various tiggers throughout gameplay. Explosions, looping effects, rocket trails, sparkles, symbols, shapes....all sorts of things.

Please note: this was the best angle I could get that would still show all 3 sections of the addressable LEDS. The brightness of the LEDs can also be adjusted...so you don't need to worry about being blinded while playing!

I apologize if I seem to repeat myself a few times....the damn power kept going out while I was recording, so I lost track of what I said in earlier videos.

This first video shows Bride of Pinbot and Attack From Mars. Lots of different types of effects shown.... I continued to make other videos, even after the power goes out at the end of this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoASoX-mvcc

This second video shows off some explosion effects, trail effects, and more. Tables shown are Medieval Madness, and Monster Bash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyw8Ay-iVgo

This third video shows some cool looping effects from The Getaway, as well as the neat effects in Star Trek and Circus Voltaire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyWz0oct1pY

This last video show ALOT more tables, and demonstrates how the various lighting toys in a pinball cabinet can be replicated by the back matrix! Also shows some other effects. Tables shown are NBA Fastbreak, Jurassic Park, Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Transformers, Twilight Zone, and Star Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFLd_zC7vrI

I hope these videos do justice in showing off the hard work from everyone involved in making these effects possible!

If there is something specific you want to see, let me know and maybe I can put up more videos!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:41 pm 

The lights on the left and right are particularly attractive :)
You can write that has led to the light maybe I just put it on the right side ;)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 pm 

Terry,

WOW! I can see why you added the LEDs. Nice videos. It appeared these were all VP10? Did the authors of the tables incorporate control of the LEDs into the table?

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:15 pm 

No...that's the beauty of how DOF (Direct Output Framework) works.

Yes these are all VP9, PM5, and VPX (10) tables.

The tables are made with the original roms for the table in mind. ie, switch 1 does this, LED2 is that colour light positioned here,etc...

DOF takes anything that is triggered by the rom for the game (while you play) and outputs it to whatever you have configured for your "devices" in your setup. (LED-Wiz, Sainsmart, Teensy for addressable leds,etc)

So the table just tells the software for the rom (controlled by PinMAME) what is happening, and the rom then tells DOF what outputs / lights are triggered. DOF then translates that to whatever effects are configured for that table. (addressable led animations for LIGHT #1=loop, LIGHT#2= explosions on the back matrix,etc)

So this means that someone can update a table all they want without having to do any of the programming to get the cool animated effects with the leds,etc...

Sadly, this is where Future Pinball lacks..... ANY kind of external control of lights, feedback,etc has to be programmend into the script of EVERY table. If SLAMT1LT has an awesome table... I have to program the effects for LEDWIZ in myself...but if SLAM updates the programming of his table, then I have to add all of those LEDWIZ effects into the script again!

So, to answer your questions directly....no the table authors don't have anything to do with the effects. DOF takes care of that automatically (as long as the cooler effects were already setup). Otherwise it will just mimick the normal table flasher lights, etc...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion