Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Elvis Pinball like you have never seen it before..
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:06 am 

Hi All , have a look at this video of my personal Elvis table im currently building..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxnDXW0aEOA

It will be a free table of coarse ;)

Post subject: Re: Elvis Pinball like you have never seen it before..
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:45 am 

Astonishing! Seems to be the perfect mix between all the pinball games with a modern engine. Can't wait for the release

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:33 pm 

waow! :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 am 

The recreation looks incredible. I take it is only available with the Unity program?

George

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:44 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
The recreation looks incredible. I take it is only available with the Unity program?

George

Thanks all , Hi George. Yes the table is built using unity Engine which compiles it to a .exe file ( with supporting asset directory ) So its completely self contained, ie .. you dont need to install anything to run it.

Its still a WIP , Once I get the game finished It would be nice to look into doing things like making it support cabinets .. even though I dont own one.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:20 am 

Very promising Shader! Its beautiful!

Just one small question..

Rom be ot not to be.?

Cheers

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 am 

Are you asking if it will use the VPMAME emulation of the rom? I have not investigated it fully , I know Unit3d have got there games using VPMAME , I need to investigate it some more and I will let you know ;)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:53 am 

Yes, I was talking about VPmame which would be a great features. I wish you all the best in this project.!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:09 pm 

HI again

I'm busy uploading the beta while I type

So obviously you need to have vpinmame installed and you need to have the latest elvis rom in roms directory. Here is the link to the rom on VP Forums :

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?ap...s&showfile=319

( if you dont have vpinamame installed already just use the Visual Pinball 10 full installer and it will install it for you , find it on the same site linked above )

The dmd is purely vpimame standard , Im not doing anything with it yet. Unity has a game launcher screen where you can choose a resolution to use and if its windowed or not. If you choose your full screen resolution and no window then you cant have the dmd on the same screen as the game. I simply move it to my second monitor, but otherwise just choose "windowed" and then vpimame may be above the game screen. Its a pity the windowed mode is not borderless , I will investigate how to do that soon.

I dont have any special handling for if a ball manages to get of the table or emulation resetting or stuff like that, if something go's wrong just close the game and start it again. That been said I think I have only had it happen once in about 50 games which is really nice odds if you ask me.

I have been using a Pappa video of elvis game play I grabbed from youtube all the time studying the tables physics , i still fine tuning everything but the ball play is nice and fast as I noticed it was in this video. My table slope is 6.3 deg

Unity has a bug with using two shift keys at the same time , a real bummer since this bug has been around for years now and they dont seem to fix it. So I had to map the flippers to the control keys instead. Table nudge is on the shift keys ( since you dont really nudge in two opposing directions at the same time )

Alpha 5 key for coins and alpha 1 for start .. same as VP

There is probably a whole lot more I could say but I see the file is uploaded already so here it is, you can comment on anything you like - positive or constructive negative and I will look into answering what I can about it. If you do try it out , let me know your average frame rate and specs of your machine , I did improve the frame rate a few days ago but somehow messed up the optimization while having a crisis sorting out the Unity IDE crashing all of a sudden when trying to bake all the lighting data ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5G...ew?usp=sharing

chat soon

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm 

I have made changes to the files on the same link as always :

1. Menu is toggled with the M key now , I added in another slider and also a few other toggles for the cabinet and room and dmd etc.. have a look.

1b ( I never mentioned it before but you can press the p key to render a super hi-res snapshot to the game's folder )

2. I made a working dmd on the table itself and an additional UI dmd , both running in the context of unity now. These can be toggled on and off as well.

3. Most importantly , I revised the flipper angle a small bit again , but this time I also adjusted the force value and the rubber. Along with several other tweaks to other physics materials. I was studying the Pappa Elvis video again while doing this and I think the results are very good now. The table plays much better now - The flippers being the most important change, before I was not happy with the shot angles and now I think its just about the same as in the pappa video, its much more spread on the length of the flipper now.

I made an awesome game play video , its over a gig again so its gonna take some time to upload. I will post it as soon as it is ready.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion