Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Power on/off cabinet. How cab users are doing?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 am 

Hello everybodies!

Guess the question is already in the title!

My cabinet is 80 percent done and already playable. In the left 20 to be done, one thing would be to power on and off the cabinet properly.
What I done right now is changing setting in the bios to restart after a power failure then, when I stop my cab with violence by acting on this mini switch, windows is able start back when powering on. The bad thing is that I have to wait 30 seconds coz of the screen asking me normal or safe mode bla bla bla. I do not expect to plug a keyboard permanently to the cab so waiting is the option right now. 30 seconds to wait is not a big deal, it offers me time to get a nice fresh beer in the fridge but im sure theres a better solution than this one. Is there's a way to shortcut this screen? Any other solution? Curious to know how people here are dealing with this.

Aside from that, a good friend of mine told me we would gain speed for loading tables if we were using a SSD drive. Why not? I made few research about SSD and read many times that they are quite sensitive to power failure which is just the thing i finally always do.
I really hesitate now about SSD and all your advices are really welcomed.

Cheers friends

Post subject: Re: Power on/off cabinet. How cab users are doing?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:22 am 

I don't know about the other stuff but I have an SSD on my desktop computer and not had any problems with it. Just don't ever do a defrag on it is all. Of course, I don't power it down like you do. There must be a better way.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion