Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: screen score display
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:04 pm 

Hi
I was wondering of there was any way to change settings on the screen score display
i noticed many pinballs are very good as far as the game play and graphic goes but really bad as far as the extra screen for the score gets displayed ...its black and white and i would like to have it as it is on the pinball ball machine red and black and also many dont leave the score long enough ...i will mention some like family guy..the tales from the crypt is very confusing...

Post subject: Re: screen score display
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 am 

Are you talking about the score showing up on what would have been the DMD display on a real machine? If so there are several different ways that people display that data. I have an LED DMD so I get all that data on my display in orange and black. Some have a red/black display. Some people use a 3rd monitor to display that data. Some people turn a monitor or tv sideways and display that data offset on the tv. There is something called FutureDMD that helps displays that data which I don't use so I'm not familiar with. If you describe your setup the right folks with a similar setup should be able to help out with how best to display that stuff. As far as how long the score shows up I believe that is all coded in the scripting. There are probably other events that are happening that display something new overwriting the score.

Gil

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:07 am 

To make the DMD orange, go in to FP and go to preferences then video/rendering options and put a check mark in the box next to disable gls shaders. Restart FP and you DMD should be orange.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 pm 

thanx it helped .now its red and black .i think the best dmd is the one for T2 even tho it has animations the score is being displayed all the time in between animations .
I would have another question i play in full screen so i cant really move the dmd once its in full screen is there a way to do it and save the placement or do i need to disable the full screen and do it there and save it after ...mmm i guess i must have answered my own question ...thanx again

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:49 am 

does the dmd can store/save the highest scores when you reopen the table ?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 am 

babycart wrote:
does the dmd can store/save the highest scores when you reopen the table ?

Yes, you have just to save it in a nvHighScore variable (just have a look to the Help File - Scripting - Global methods and variables)

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 am 

thanx i read it but it doesn't look like its goin to save that high score once u close the table and reopen it in the future unless i missed something ?

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion