Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: Future Pinball DMD running on 3rd screen with new Dll
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm 

Your config.ini file was the same as mine, open.....I now have this with the new futureDMD:

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\games\Future Pinball\BAM
TablePath=C:\games\Future Pinball\Tables
Executable=Future Pinball.exe
Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\games\Future Pinball
LaunchBeforeExecutable=FutureDMD.exe
LaunchBeforeParameters=table="[TABLEFILE]"close=1
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True
MouseClickFocus=True
FPRAMPath=

But I still cant get it to work,can you see my problem?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:21 pm 

doesn't matter,scrap that,finally got it to work,reinstalled Pinx from sctracth and everything seems to work finally now

the FutureDMD 1.5b works fine now

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:28 am 

For anyone who may find this helpful. I have found out what to do to get FutureDMD to work properly with tables like SLAMT1LT's Ultimate tables (with lots of videos).

Problem: The animated backgrounds / images / textures on the DMD in FutureDMD would be corrupt while the text was fine. DMD on the backglass would look fine.

Solution: I had to goto the texture manager for each table and make sure EVERY texture that is used for the DMD has "Allow runtime (ST3C) texture compression" enabled AND "disable texture filtering (image used on DMD)" enabled as well. Changing these options in video / rendering won't make a difference... you have to do it for each texture use on the DMD. It's not needed for the Overlay textures, unless of course they are also being used in the DMD.... depends on the table.

It can take a while, but after doing this, FutureDMD looks amazing in a cab with a DMD on a 3rd screen that can be sized anyway you want with any colour,etc... Now I will be able to use the rest of my 3rd screen for playing the video clips on these Ultimate tables (using an extended resolution for my backglass the spills halfway onto the top half my 3rd dmd screen)....cool.

I've tried it on T2 Skynet Ultimate 1.06 and Nightmare on Elm Street Ultimate so far.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:13 am 

Everyone IGNORE my post above!!!

I've tried so many countless combinations to get this to work with SLAM's tables without the corruption.

...but I forgot to obey the most important FP rule.... if you change any video settings, close your table and future pinball and FutureDMD.... then run everything as per normal, and all is well.

So yes... all I had to do was disable "Use Texture Compression (S3TC)", and make sure texture filtering was bilinear or lower... and close and re-open everything.

This could have been a lot of work.... but I learned a lot more about FP in the process, and now I can use SLAMT1LT's videos on the rest of my 3rd screen as a result as well as have the FutureDMD's DMD on the same screen. Looks cool, but will be much nicer when my cab is one day done.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion