Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Complete new installation 2.5 questions
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:01 pm 

Guys after loosing my HD and having to reinstall from beginning ,i have gotten to that point of what version to use etc.

I have a brand new version of Hyperpin with latest future pinball release, i am about to install the new 2.5 release.

1.Do I just drag the contents of the folder over into the FP folder and overwrite everything?

2.Any settings I really need to look out for? ie I heard I have to adjust plunger is most tables?How do I do this? where about in the settings page? How about slope? ive never changed that at all.

3.Im hearing a lot about lighting setting,what values are the best or what should I test out in my cab?How do I do this?

4.Does 2.5 work outta the box? I mean do I have to download just 2.5 tables that have been released?Or will all my tables work to an extent?

I appreciate any help guys...im really trying to get back on track with all this again...im just gonna install FP in my cab first until its complete before I move to VP (tried to do too much last time)

Post subject: Re: Complete new installation 2.5 questions
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 pm 

I'll try to answer as best I can.

1: Yes - you can just drag the files over but they will over-write existing files. Just make sure to name your executable differently if you wish to use another build as Future Pinball.exe. There are 2 DLL versions of 2.5. One has newer DLLs but will not display images in the editor if you are editing. The older DLL build has the same version as the stock installation (just a different executable).

2: Plungers will need to be adjusted for a few tables (as will bumpers). Just look around in the Release thread - there is a topic pinned with suggestions and tips.

3: Lighting is done similiar to the old 2008 build. You have to go into the registry and play with the ArcadeRenderLight values. Again you can look in the Tutorials/How-To thread for tips on lighting and angles. I posted quite a while back lots of pictures with example lighting and angles with all the corresponding values.

4: 2.5 will work with every single table. This does not mean every table is optimized for the new 2.5 settings. Some tables you will need to adjust slope, bumper strength, plunger location and strength but 95% will work out of the box. The few that don't are the ones that the ball will not have enough power to leave the plunger lane. Again - adjusting the plunger strength will fix it.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: Complete new installation 2.5 questions
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm 

thanks for the quick feedback,i really appreciate it....looking into things now :)

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion