Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Future Pinball Crashes Display Driver
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:19 am 

I have Windows 7 X64 with Nvidia g100 graphics card. My system is strong enough to run FUture Pinball, but my problem is that every once in a while I get an error box that says display driver has stopped responding and recovered. In Future Pinball this causes the game to turn off. Friday my computer asked me to update to the latest graphics driver for my card, and yesterday I got my first ever Blue Screen Of Death on this computer. Does anybody know what causes this?

Post subject: Re: Future Pinball Crashes Display Driver
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:39 pm 

If I'm reading correctly, you're having occasional problems with the card outside of Future Pinball as well, right? Have you re-installed the latest DirectX and the latest WHQL approved nVidia driver for Win 7 64 bit? How much memory is on that video card? Not that it matters, if it's working for you in most cases, was just curious. Is it a PCI, AGP, or PCI-E video card?

Go Steelers. Image

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:40 pm 

1foggy wrote:
If I'm reading correctly, you're having occasional problems with the card outside of Future Pinball as well, right? Have you re-installed the latest DirectX and the latest WHQL approved nVidia driver for Win 7 64 bit? How much memory is on that video card? Not that it matters, if it's working for you in most cases, was just curious. Is it a PCI, AGP, or PCI-E video card?

Go Steelers. Image

Doing a windows check it says I have directx 11 and it is up to date. I also have the latest drivers. I also think my graphics is PCI. any other thoughts. Doing a search on the internet shows that many other people have this problem.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 pm 

Hmmm. I have been running FP on my main computer, which is really powerful. I will try installing it on my MAME cab tonight (good comp with a slower vid card - Quadro FX550) and I'll see if I run into any similar issues...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 am 

Installed it on my MAME cab, which has a slower comp running XP and didn't have any issues, except I had to dumb the graphics down to get it to run with a decent framerate. Not sure what's causing your problem. The only tips I can think of (that may not be of much help, but they are all I can think of) are:

- Did you unzip/unRAR the games before running them? I had tried to run them from their zipped folders when I originally installed the game, and they would run but I would get errors somewhat frequently. Since unzipping every game prior to running them, I have no errors.

- Are you running V-Sync? It helps correct some sound issues, oddly enough if you have V-Sync enabled in your FP video preferences, might not hurt to try turning it on if you don't have it on.

Sorry I didn't have better input. Hopefully someone will see your post & know what's up with your installation...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 am 

The problem is with Windows 7 only and mostly with X64 systems that this has been happening to some people and nobody seems to be able to figure it out.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:41 pm 

After reading through a bunch of stuff, here are some things you might want to try (if you haven't already):

- Go into your control panel for Windows and turn off any Power Saving features. Some people have corrected the same issue you have by doing this. Apparently the power saving feature in Win 7 can at times starve a video card of the proper voltage, resulting in the error you mentioned.

- Is it a home-built PC or a store bought pre-built PC? If it's something you built, or had built for you, is the PSU powerful enough? If not, it might be starving the vid card of voltage at times, resulting in the same issue described previously...

- Try lowering the graphics settings and playing again to see if it's only crashing once a higher demand is being placed on the video card. If that's the case, then you just need to play with lower settings because the card isn't doing well with the settings you were using.

- When you installed the latest vid card drivers, did you do a uninstall the previous ones first? Some people have fixed the problem by uninstalling the previous drivers, reboot, then install the latest drivers.

Hope you figure it out. It's a drag when you get a PC issue that there's no clean cut cure for.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:33 pm 

This may not help but you can try performing Steps 6, 12 and 17 of my guide here.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

I've not heard of FP crashing because of display driver errors but it won't hurt to try this.

George

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion