Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rollling Ball Sound Volume
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am 

Ok, I just added 3 volume increased ball sounds to this table and selected the loudest
by removing the appostrophe " ZRBrollingSound="zfx_ballrolling2Loudest" I updated the table above to have this a default:

Code:
' =====================================================================================
' =====================================================================================

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

'*****************************
' TO ADJUST TO YOUR NEEDS
'ZRBrampHeight=18
'ZRBtablewide = 520

ZRBsoundballchan = 8
ZRBvolNormLevel = 1
'ZRBrollingSound="zfx_ballrollingb2"
'ZRBrollingSound="zfx_ballrolling2Loud"
'ZRBrollingSound="zfx_ballrolling2Louder"
ZRBrollingSound="zfx_ballrolling2Loudest"
'ZRBPitchTunning=-40

ZRBrampSoundballchan = 6  'set to -1 to disable rampsound roll
'ZRBrampVolNormLevel = 0.80
'ZRBrampRollingSound="zfx_ballrolramp"
'ZRBrampPitchTunning=40

sub ZBRwiretrigger_hit
   addWireRampTrackedBallHeight ZBRwiretrigger,40.0
end sub

sub ZBRwiretrigger2_hit
   addWireRampTrackedBallHeight ZBRwiretrigger2,50.0
end sub

sub ZBRwiretrigger3_hit
   removeWireRampTrackedBallHeight ZBRwiretrigger3,80.0
end sub

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 pm 

Thank you Gimli!!! I will try it out right now!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am 

Did it work for you ?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:09 pm 

Yes!!!

Worked like a charm thank you.

Now I just need to learn what you did so I can apply it to other tables!!

Next up bride of Pinbot. I'm doing lighting enhancements, my own Neon LED conversion haha. Once I get the lights the way I like I'll add custom physics, dynamic flippers and ball rolling sounds :)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 pm 

George, Gimli

I wanted to bring this up as it's IMO a decent alternative to ball roll sounds.

Monezzas did a tremendous job in the tables he's worked on and my personal favorite is Buccanneer. While playing the table, I was intrigued with the ball rolling sounds. They were nice and loud and while inconsistent i rather enjoyed them.

However when I was digging around the script, i noticed, well from the limited skimming i did, he wasn't using the zrbrolling sounds script method.

From what I saw it was a basic Sub script that called to a specific souond which happened to bequite loud. The sound is in the table as "ballroll" I think.

Wanted to see if you guys can look at it and see if this method can be incorporated to other tables. I tried testing it by copying and pasting that sub but i either placed it in the wrong part of the script or there's something more involved.

I know Gimli you had previously mentioned in the thread on this table you weren't too fond of it but i find it a quick and dirty way to get ball sounds in there.

I don't think I added dynamic flipper script to it but if I did maybe you 2 experts can tweak it a bit? I'm planning on making some more little upgrades ala Slam. Maybe add some new effects and possibly a subtle underlaying song that plays throughout. also I realized that most FP tables don't have a plunger pull sound. I added one I grabbed off a Charlie's angels table from VPX. I think you can hear it. I'm gonna gather all the ones I can then post them so they're available if anyone wants to incorporate them going forward.

Here's some gameplay i did this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QtAnPxkD58

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:13 pm 

djlunchbox wrote:
George, Gimli

I wanted to bring this up as it's IMO a decent alternative to ball roll sounds.

Monezzas did a tremendous job in the tables he's worked on and my personal favorite is Buccanneer. While playing the table, I was intrigued with the ball rolling sounds. They were nice and loud and while inconsistent i rather enjoyed them.

However when I was digging around the script, i noticed, well from the limited skimming i did, he wasn't using the zrbrolling sounds script method.

From what I saw it was a basic Sub script that called to a specific souond which happened to bequite loud. The sound is in the table as "ballroll" I think.

Wanted to see if you guys can look at it and see if this method can be incorporated to other tables. I tried testing it by copying and pasting that sub but i either placed it in the wrong part of the script or there's something more involved.

I know Gimli you had previously mentioned in the thread on this table you weren't too fond of it but i find it a quick and dirty way to get ball sounds in there.

I don't think I added dynamic flipper script to it but if I did maybe you 2 experts can tweak it a bit? I'm planning on making some more little upgrades ala Slam. Maybe add some new effects and possibly a subtle underlaying song that plays throughout. also I realized that most FP tables don't have a plunger pull sound. I added one I grabbed off a Charlie's angels table from VPX. I think you can hear it. I'm gonna gather all the ones I can then post them so they're available if anyone wants to incorporate them going forward.

Here's some gameplay i did this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QtAnPxkD58

Have you learned how to add smokes BAM ball rolling sounds to all tables ? I think that is the way to go.

Monezzas and others previously had ball sounds activated by hitting certain triggers and it had the following limitations.

1. Sound only when triggers are hit ( or delayed based on an activated timer....)
2. No modulation of sound intensity /frequency based on ball velocity.

BAM now allows sound:
1. On table
2. On ramps
3. When fall from ramps
4. When hitting objects

AND these sounds based on actual ball tracking and are modulated base on velocity

If you have problems let me know.
If you don't like the actual sounds...they can be changed very easily.

You simply add your desired sound (ie "DJsSound1" , "DJsRampSound") to the ZBRrollingballsoundslib library file and then
use it in the script as follows:

Code:

' === Ball Rolling FX ===

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

ZRBrampHeight = 40
ZRBtablewide = 516

ZRBsoundballchan = 7
ZRBvolNormLevel = 1
ZRBrollingSound="DJsSound1"
'ZRBPitchTunning=-40

ZRBrampSoundballchan = 8  'set to -1 to disable rampsound roll
ZRBrampVolNormLevel = 1
ZRBrampRollingSound="DJRampSound"
'ZRBrampPitchTunning=40

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

you can export the Sound files and amplify or enhance them with a free program such as Audacity...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:54 pm 

I haven't experimented with the ball rolling sounds very muich. The times I tried tables where Smoke's code was used, I couldn't hear the sound but I can hear Gimli's version clearly. I have some other ball rolling sounds that I found but haven't tied them yet. I tried upping the sound level of Snoke's files but I don't like clipping which was the only way I could get the sound loud enough. One of these days I will try but I am working on a new version of MOTU right now.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:23 pm 

Thank you Gimli for the explanation.

I have tried to use Smoke's method but I can never seem to get it as i don't know what channel to use I will attempt some more.

I did want to ask your help. I'm also in the process of making some adjustments to Slam's Bond 50th anniversary table. As you are the master of mini maps I was hoping that maybe you can help. On the table there's a tanker truck at the top. I forget which mission but at some point the truck has an explosion graphic that appears. Can you work your magic and give the truck a shake when it blows up?

I'm gonna be tweaking the physics, lighting and some graphics to this table. It's become popular in some of the Vpin facebook groups. I've started a bit of a resurgence in Future Pinball interest :)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 am 

No problem which version of table ?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:30 am 

There’s only one.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-5 ... ry_edition)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion