Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DMD ON BACKGLASS
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm 

Nice !
I am glad it is working out !
It seems like a great way to go

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:31 pm 

Speaking of DMD will the internal DMD on the translite always maintain an orange hue underneath?

I know I can change the text coloring but it still always appears orange under the different color letter.

I'm not using Future DMD since I'm only doing 2 screens but is there someway to change the color completely?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:10 pm 

The background always seems to be tinted red. I think Rav added a way to change it on BAM Update v.254. You might want to look at item 3 on this link:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 069#p93069

It has been all I can do to figure out how to add lighting to the script and add more DMDs using the method above. There are too many things to learn how to do.
Gimli may know something about it.

If you figure out how to do it, let me know.

George

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:53 pm 

Has anybody tried making this work? I'm not sure how to start

3. DispDMD & HudDMD.
With dispDMD1Ext (an Ext object for "dispDMD1") you can:
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD (same way as in FP editor) any time in script.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetBackgroundMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of image from image list displayed on DMD... and yes, it may be different color.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixBaseColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD outside dots. Default value in FP is 51, 0, 0.
- dispDMD1Ext.FullColorBackground[/b] = True/False - you can make image from image list displayed on DMD full color.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 pm 

DJ,

You must have missed this posting:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 693#p95693

The color DMD stuff is something I have not figured out yet.

It is easy however to removed the red tint from the DMD background with the one line of code I posted at the link above.

Besides the color DMDs, there is code where you can change the foreground color but it is only useful if you want to change the color of the DMD at different times during the game play. If you just want a single color the whole game, you may as well use the DMD color selector on the translite.

George

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:12 pm 

Ah!!

Yes I did miss that.

I'll mess with that later then.

I want to change a few DMD's and remove the orange undertone.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:21 pm 

I don't think you will want to remove the red tint completely because it will make the DMD much darker. The background color actually affects the entire DMD. I which it only affects the background but it does not. Let me know the color you use to adjust it. A rule of thumb I have been using is to open the DMD color selector on the translite. Then I change the "Lum:" parameter to 11 or 12. I then use these RGB values for the background. Be sure to cancel the changes to the color selector when you exit. You will only want to use these values in the script.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:28 pm 

Ok so i messed with it last night.

I experimented with AFM and used the bright green on the translite and in the script I put a very dark green setup and it came out really nice. didn't get to grab a pic but i will tonight

I then tried a few more combos some worked others I need to work on.

For POTC for example I tried using 0,0,0 and the standard yellow on the translite. Looked a tad dark so I went 5,0,0 and then on the yellow I slide the color up a bit and it looks good so i might just start using that combo going forward.

Thanks George!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 pm 

I am adding this code to the next rev of Jurassic Park. I am being a little more conservative and not going quite so dark but have provided directions for the end user to change it if desired.

George

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:21 am 

salut j'ai la solution pour toi un tuto sur youtube qui explique en plus avec wc94 cool https://youtu.be/X-sOBhNhsmU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion