Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: DMD ON BACKGLASS
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:30 am 

Hello everyone,

there are many tables where the dmd does not appear on the backglass but only on the playfield (often on the top left as on the table "WorldCup 94"). How to put it in the backglass at its good location?
If I understand how to do it, I could make corrections on many tables. I must not be the only one to see that. In advance, thank you for your answers.

Salut tout le monde,

il y a de nombreuses tables ou le dmd n'apparait pas sur le backglass mais seulement sur le playfield (souvent en haut à gauche comme sur la table "WorldCup 94"). Comment faire pour le mettre dans le backglass à son bon emplacement ?
Si je comprend comment faire, je pourrais faire des corrections sur de nombreuses tables. Je ne dois pas être le seul à voir cela. D'avance, merci de vos réponses.

Post subject: Re: DMD ON BACKGLASS
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:03 am 

It is easy to do..
Simply go to translite editor in Future Pinball and delete the existing hud DMD and then create a new Backglass DMD using the identical name

Voila , Mon ami
Cheers

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:07 am 

Hi,

I just tried, it does not change anything. If you can be more specific, I may have forgotten something. But how does removing and redoing the hud dmd cause the dmd to end up on the back glass ??

Can you give me an explanatory video? I have plenty of tables to modfier, if it works I would share it on the forum. I think that would serve a lot.

thanks in advance_

salut,

je viens d'essayer, ça ne change strictement rien. Si tu peux être plus précis, j'ai peut-être oublié quelque chose. Mais comment le fait de supprimer puis refaire le hud dmd font que le dmd se retrouverais sur le back glass ??

Tu peux me faire une vidéo explicative ? j'ai plein de tables à modfier, si ça marche je le partagerais sur le forum. Je pense que ça servirais à beaucoup.

d'avance merci_

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 am 

In translite editor when you add a new DMD, you have 2 options a HUD DMD and a backglass DMD...choose backglass DMD and give it the same name as the HUD DMD you deleted..use a full windows screen to see options

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 am 

OH MY GOD ! it works, it's great, I do not know how to thank you. Thank you a thousand times really. I'm going on PinSim to ask to update some tables. Another very big thank you

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:48 am 

You are welcome this is known to most long time FP users..and many people ask this...It always surprises me when table devs don't have both a HUD and a backglass DMD to choose between

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:57 am 

indeed, it is very surprising.

thanks again

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:31 am 

Gimli wrote:
You are welcome this is known to most long time FP users..and many people ask this...It always surprises me when table devs don't have both a HUD and a backglass DMD to choose between

In this case, you have 2 DMD but the one on the BG is never updated...

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 pm 

Ya, when I first started I painstakingly went thru my favorite tables and added Identical code line by line for the second dmd.
Monster bash has an interesting code whereby the DMD coding automatically applies to any declared DMDs .so if you add a DMD to the config code it then applies to all other dmd statements

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:18 pm 

You might send the code to Smoke. I don't think he likes entering duplicate code but he might go for this.

George

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion