Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Resources » Resources Exchange

Post subject: New table template with Bonus Count
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:58 am 

The new table template in FP just sucks. Incomplete, buggy as hell, and missing a whole bunch of stuff. One of the key things is a working bonus count system, with lights and multiplier.

As I am finished the playfield art for Jungle Girl (Thread at Pinball Nirvana if you wish to see the art) I have started work on the FPX template again, and the first order of business is to add a proper bonus system, complete with multiplier, and have it countdown at the loss of a ball, well, just like 95% of all the actual arcade tables do.

So I have done a work version, using just the "new table" template in the editor, and I am releasing it here for people to use. All this is is a bonus system, multiplier, and the proper lights added to the stock template.

The trigger at the top and the inner lanes add 1 bonus. The drain lanes are closed, but they add 3 bonus. The center target adds a multiplier. You can also press the numberpad key 1 and 2 to add bonus or multipliers.

The HUD shows only the amount of bonus and multiplier, the backglass shows the score as normal. If you start the table from the editor by press F9, you will see the debug mode to help track code.

You can set the Amount for each bonus, how many bonuses (up to 159) and how many Multipliers you want (up to 15x). As well, you can adjust the speed of the count, or have it speed up the count as it goes along. Everything is commented, so should be very easy to follow.

It works very well, the only problem is at the default settings at 59 bonus maximum, when the system rests the bonus at the start of the next multiplier, it lights up both the bonus 10k and 50k lights, when it should just light the 50k light. It drove me mad, still haven't found it (doesn't affect the count btw, just a random light thing) so if some one figures it out just let me know, or report anything I may have missed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Board index » Resources » Resources Exchange